Marty gets hired at 343 [VID] (DBO)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 23:11 (3561 days ago)

I'm glad I've gathered you all here.

Consider this the official PAX Prime 2014 kickoff thread/ hype rager

You can get your own "PAX shirts fo kewl kids" HERE!

Just tell em Paddy sent ya.

It'll be a long slow walk, but the first stop on the Road to PAX is the PAX Splash Bash sponsored in part by our friends at TSD on Thursday. Email the Schooly at splash@teamschoolyd.org for the deets.

Wanna get hype? Wanna compliment me on my shirt and slow walking? Wanna tell me how much you hate me for personal reasons on top of the title of this post and the video which is clearly dumb and poorly conceived? You can usually reach me and some other PAXers at http://teamschoolyd.org/chat

Make sure to say hi to Doc in there. He gets lonely.

Post below if you are going to PAX and want to get on the A-train to hype town now.

Don't forget to rate, subscribe, and kickstart my slow walk.

#DBOatPAX

Well at least Halo will have good music again.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 23:18 (3561 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

You are a mean person. And so am I. :)

I like what he says about the "new direction" for Halo music

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 23:21 (3561 days ago) @ Ragashingo

PAX hype!

I just wanted to show I'm a terrible person too

And he just posted a sample!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 23:25 (3561 days ago) @ Xenos

Wow! Talk about sticking with what you know!

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Monday, August 04, 2014, 02:08 (3560 days ago) @ Xenos

You are naughty, evil people....and so am I.

I can't believe it's actually happening

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 23:35 (3561 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

The shirt Paddy is rocking can be found here as part of our destiny Collection

Below is the official PAX Splash Bash theme song:

#UnbanPaddy

!!!

by kapowaz, Monday, August 04, 2014, 02:16 (3560 days ago) @ Schooly D

[image]

Glad to see him getting a new job so quickly!

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Monday, August 04, 2014, 07:04 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I want to hate you SO MUCH right now, but damn, that's some epic trolling. Well done, sir!

There are those that said this day would never come

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, August 04, 2014, 07:16 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

They just got bonked.

There are those that said this day would never come

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, August 04, 2014, 07:30 (3560 days ago) @ Revenant1988

[image]

Marty gets hired at 343 [VID]

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Monday, August 04, 2014, 07:43 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

This is a rare and epic Team Trolling... Only possible in online communities where people actually like each other (read: not bungie.net forums).

I too am super excited...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 04, 2014, 14:10 (3560 days ago) @ Doooskey

"Only possible in online communities where people actually like each other."

Hey buddy, I'm Korny. I don't believe we've met.

I can't believe this is real. MIND BLOWN.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 09:12 (3559 days ago) @ Korny

Hey there Korny. I've been around here for a little while now, more so since the Beta - easier to post, add to the discussion and analyze after getting some play time.

I love DBO - although some of the analysis GOES DEEP. OMG. This forum is a way happier place than Bungie.net, and way more helpful in constructive criticism than the Destiny Reddit.

I'm also looking forward to playing some Destiny with some fellow DBOer's, what system will you be on?

I can't believe this is real. MIND BLOWN.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 11:15 (3559 days ago) @ Doooskey

Hey there Korny. I've been around here for a little while now, more so since the Beta - easier to post, add to the discussion and analyze after getting some play time.

I love DBO - although some of the analysis GOES DEEP. OMG. This forum is a way happier place than Bungie.net, and way more helpful in constructive criticism than the Destiny Reddit.

I'm also looking forward to playing some Destiny with some fellow DBOer's, what system will you be on?

Oh, trust me, things will get crazy deep.
I too love how we can provide constructive criticism here, since it's a more intimate experience that the thousands of posters on Bnet.

I'll be getting Destiny on PS4, although I'll likely get a 360 copy as well, since a number of DBO folks will not have made the upgrade.
Looking forward to roaming with the folks around here.

Let me give this a try

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Monday, August 04, 2014, 21:38 (3560 days ago) @ Doooskey

Microsoft buys majority share of Activision. :D

I could grow to like this trolling thing.

See you guys at PAX, I'm not taking part in any TSD pool party though. It just sounds creepy.

You know what this means right...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 04, 2014, 08:26 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

We. The lot of us. Are the worst. Yet... it's so good. I wonder how long we can keep it going.

So excited!

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Monday, August 04, 2014, 08:36 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I sadly won't be arriving in Seattle until Thurs afternoon.

Thanks!

by MartyTheElder, Monday, August 04, 2014, 10:24 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

What's "trolling" exactly?

I'll be at PAX.

I think that counts as *CONFIRMED* :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, August 04, 2014, 10:56 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

Thanks!

by Wayward Spleen @, Monday, August 04, 2014, 10:56 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

Registered just to say: congrats, Marty.

/have been trying to break the *bo habit - at least the forums.

Thanks!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 04, 2014, 12:04 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

I'll be looking for you! Hope you're doing well.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

by scarab @, Monday, August 04, 2014, 12:16 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

My day is now made.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:03 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

- No text -

Thanks!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 04, 2014, 14:46 (3560 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

What's "trolling" exactly?

I could show you the world.
Raging, complaining, whining.
Tell me Marty, now when did
You last let humor decide?

I can open your eyes,
take you poster by poster.
Over, sideways, and under,
On a line-crossing post ride.

A "troll you" world,
A skewed ban-worthy point of view.
Admins will tell us no, too far we go.
We'll say we're only joking.

A "troll you" world!
A douchey place you never knew!
But when you're banned from here, it's crystal clear,
That now your world was made funnier by you.

Unbelievable fights,
Hurting everyone's feelings.
Laughing, annoying, thread-stealing
Through the endless sea of cries.

A "troll you" woooooorld. (Yeah, I know they're nice guys)
A hundred nicer things to say, (but you say what is funnier)
You're like a local star,
Your image charred.
You can't go back
To who you used to be.

A "troll you" world (still not banned? A surprise.)
Always new victims to pursue (they liked "old you" better.)
You'll chase them anywhere,
No friend is spared.
Let me share this cruel new world with you.

A "troll you" world (A "troll you" world)
That's where we'll see (That's where we'll see)
An angry place (Unwelcome place)
For you and me... ♫

Not bad.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, August 04, 2014, 14:59 (3560 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

*Screams of excitement*

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Monday, August 04, 2014, 10:39 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Followed by screams of rage and sorrow. You dirty rotten SOB. You got me real good, Paddy.

This is amazing.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, August 04, 2014, 11:40 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I just finally realized I hate all of you. :)

Amazing news! (I am certainly PAXing)

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, August 04, 2014, 12:45 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I cannot ye process the return of the prodigal composer, but I can confirm I will attempt to once again nap a lift off Kermit :-p

TO PAX!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:09 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

I was have a case of the Mondays...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, August 04, 2014, 14:00 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

But this news totally turned my mood around!!! So excited!

Um, wrong forum for this news

by Avateur @, Monday, August 04, 2014, 17:51 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Dude, I don't care how excited you are for Marty going to 343. This isn't HBO. Every single person around hates 343 over here. Yes, even the ones who still go to HBO. Go post this news over at HBO where it's not just filling up our screens reminding us about what Bungie let go for 343 to grab. I don't want to know about Marty's wonderful music being tainted by horrible game making, damnit.

Also, hi Korny!

Beyond awesome!!!!!

by Lawnmower172, Monday, August 04, 2014, 18:42 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

You, sir, are brilliant. I hate you with all my cold, dark, orange, heart.

Lol....

PAX

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, August 04, 2014, 20:55 (3560 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Just in case you folks miss the sticky thread:

DBO at PAX Prime 2014 (Meetup Survey)

"It's obvious that they needed me."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 10:15 (3559 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Okay, that was probably too mean. Momentary possession by the spirit of Korny.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread