WTF - No Xbox One Digital Edition (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, August 04, 2014, 12:51 (3573 days ago)

Anyone else upset by this? Anyone know if this will change? There is only a PS3 and PS4 Digital Edition. I missed out on getting the limited but I want that content, and $400 on ebay is not going to happen. Why would they limit digital download, is that really a system seller to Sony and Activision?

Not a Destiny only thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 04, 2014, 12:58 (3573 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

This has nothing to do with Sony and Activision. This is purely Microsoft. They do not have a pre-order system for their digital games yet. They are planning on having one, but it's not implemented yet.

Not a Destiny only thing

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:15 (3573 days ago) @ Xenos

Does this mean I can buy it the day it becomes available and it's just not pre-orderable? Cause the pre-orders can be done at Amazon, not just Sony.

Not a Destiny only thing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:16 (3573 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Does this mean I can buy it the day it becomes available and it's just not pre-orderable? Cause the pre-orders can be done at Amazon, not just Sony.

Correct. Amazon made a deal with Sony so they could sell their digital copies, including pre-orders. All XBox One games will be available digitally on day one.

Not a Destiny only thing

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:22 (3573 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for the info. I would cancel my pre-order for the hard copy, but I think I will take the guns, sparrow etc.

WTF - No Xbox One Digital Edition

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:36 (3573 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Anyone else upset by this? Anyone know if this will change? There is only a PS3 and PS4 Digital Edition. I missed out on getting the limited but I want that content, and $400 on ebay is not going to happen. Why would they limit digital download, is that really a system seller to Sony and Activision?

Wow, I didn't realize the physical edition would be so hard to get. Looks like Target might still have it, but I don't know how reliable that is. I thought the Ghost edition was the only truly limited edition.

WTF - No Xbox One Digital Edition

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:45 (3573 days ago) @ Kermit

Yea that was my thought too. While I actually would love the ghost edition, I care more about the documents and the steel book dvd case.

That is a darn shame, friend.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 04, 2014, 13:54 (3573 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

You're aren't fooling anyone.

by yakaman, Monday, August 04, 2014, 16:17 (3573 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

The console wars are so petty

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 00:43 (3572 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread