How elemental damage works. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 17:14 (3560 days ago)

It works pretty much like I expected, but some folks might not have noticed in the beta. I didn't notice the shield colors until now. I don't think this will be a big deal until we fight high level enemies in strikes and raids. The lower level enemies in the beta could be dropped pretty quick even without the damage boost. Probably won't be that way with level 20+ enemies and bosses.

Very helpful!

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 21:08 (3560 days ago) @ bluerunner

I never noticed the red or blue damage counters, good way to max out damage.

Kinetic Damage

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 02:59 (3560 days ago) @ bluerunner

Probably a silly question, but are there any positive or negatives for weapons using standard kinetic ammunition? Or is it simply the "general all-rounder"?

Kinetic Damage

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 05:16 (3559 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

Probably a silly question, but are there any positive or negatives for weapons using standard kinetic ammunition? Or is it simply the "general all-rounder"?

So far, Kinetic is generic.

In the Alpha there were penalties for using the wrong 'element' type but I never got around to seeing if that held in the Beta - I was always just using the correct type.

Kinetic Damage

by petetheduck, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 06:55 (3559 days ago) @ RC

So far, Kinetic is generic.

In the Alpha there were penalties for using the wrong 'element' type but I never got around to seeing if that held in the Beta - I was always just using the correct type.

I thought that the Devil Walker had some immunity to solar damage.

Did anyone notice

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:02 (3559 days ago) @ petetheduck

That if you shot shanks that were dead but still falling out of the air, they were "immune" to your bullets? I should have captured a clip of it, but I noticed it a few times.

Did anyone notice

by Yapok @, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:06 (3559 days ago) @ kidtsunami

That if you shot shanks that were dead but still falling out of the air, they were "immune" to your bullets? I should have captured a clip of it, but I noticed it a few times.

I noticed that as well. Not sure what that is about.

Did anyone notice

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:26 (3559 days ago) @ Yapok

Probably have a death animation that takes a moment as they don't go full ragdoll and fall like a rock. Therefor they must be "live" for that moment and still register damage in a way, but since you do none, it says "immune".

Did anyone notice

by petetheduck, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:27 (3559 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Probably have a death animation that takes a moment as they don't go full ragdoll and fall like a rock. Therefor they must be "live" for that moment and still register damage in a way, but since you do none, it says "immune".

Their death did have one of my favorite sound effects of the game, though :D

so satisfying

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:52 (3559 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Did anyone notice

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 10:41 (3559 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Your sparrow would show the same if you smacked it in the rear and sent it on its deathly way.

- CC

Did anyone notice

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:11 (3559 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Your sparrow would show the same if you smacked it in the rear and sent it on its deathly way.

- CC

One little detail I liked was how I could shot off my sparrow and it would keep going until it crashed into something.

About the Sparrow..

by petetheduck, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:26 (3559 days ago) @ Kermit

How come I could never jump directly off my Sparrow into an epic soaring leap? I thought I had seen that in montages, but every time I jumped while riding, I fell weakly to the ground and then had to jump again.

Resist!

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 15:41 (3559 days ago) @ RC

I did occasionally see "Resist" or "Immune" from some of my shots. I'm pretty sure the Hive are able to resist Arc damage and maybe the fallen can resist Void?

How elemental damage works.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 03:28 (3560 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hmm. I assumed that the Servitors were more vulnerable to void damage. Otherwise, yeah. There's a reason I logged around multiple versions of the fusion rifle.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread