Pre-order problems? (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 08:19 (3559 days ago)

This morning I got an email from Future Shop confirming that my pre-order was fine... which was a bit odd, but I put it out of my mind as I think I got one of those for my Reach pre-order.

Just now I discovered that maybe there was a reason; IGN's reporting that Best Buy is cancelling some of its LE pre-orders due to stock limitations, and apparently Walmart did something similar earlier. IGN

-- Steve'll be watching his order's status page a bit more closely now. :(

Pre-order problems?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 09:48 (3559 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

As did Amazon. I've seen people on reddit.com/r/destinythegame complain that their Amazon LE was cancelled on Xbone and the email to announce it mentions that they can still preorder the Digital Guardian edition for X1.... even though that doesn't exist as of now.... hopefully it's going to be an option in the near term, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to play Destiny until October :'(

Pre-order problems?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 10:00 (3559 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I don't see the point in pre-ordering a digital edition on XB1... so far as I know they don't have a pre-load option like Steam or PSN, and there's zero chance of running out of stock on a download. :) If my LE preorder gets scrubbed, I'll skip all retailers and buy direct off the Xbox Store on launch day.

-- Steve'd miss the tchotchkes in the LE if it came to that, though. (And the extra 8-odd hours of play time... yay for antique DSL.)

Pre-order problems?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 10:06 (3559 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I don't see the point in pre-ordering a digital edition on XB1... so far as I know they don't have a pre-load option like Steam or PSN, and there's zero chance of running out of stock on a download.

I would imagine they will allow pre-loading when they do integrate pre-ordering, but they still haven't even announced when they will integrate digital pre-ordering. I'm hoping it's before Destiny, but it shouldn't affect me since I pre-ordered the Ghost Edtion within an hour of them announcing it.

Pre-order problems?

by Jironimo ⌂, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:18 (3559 days ago) @ Xenos

Is there a preorder option on PSN for games? I'm assuming if that's the case then it preloads the game.

If that's available for all games then that's very convenient.

Pre-order problems?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:25 (3559 days ago) @ Jironimo

Is there a preorder option on PSN for games? I'm assuming if that's the case then it preloads the game.

There is a pre-order option, although preloading is very new on PSN, and isn't available on all games. It will be for Destiny though.

Pre-order problems?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 13:31 (3559 days ago) @ Xenos

There is a pre-order option, although preloading is very new on PSN, and isn't available on all games. It will be for Destiny though.

I'm pretty sure that Destiny is the first title on PSN that will be available for pre-load.

Pre-order problems?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 11:04 (3559 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I don't see the point in pre-ordering a digital edition on XB1... so far as I know they don't have a pre-load option like Steam or PSN

Yeah, that's the sticking point. I leave for travel to China on September 8th, so if I can't pre-load a digital edition, then I'm stuck picking up a physical copy when return home in October. Either that or try and suffer through the digital download on Chinese internet after figuring out how to setup my Xbone through a VPN

Pre-order problems?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:10 (3559 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Oof. My sympathies; ran into a similar circumstance when Mass Effect 3 was released the day after I had to leave for a week on business. Fortunately Internet was sporadic enough I wasn't spoiled on the plot...

-- Steve ended up playing it upon his return; it helped while away recovery time from the massive cold he caught during the conference.

Pre-order problems?

by Jironimo ⌂, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:17 (3559 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Do we know for certain that there will be a Digital Guardian edition for the X1? I was really hoping that would be the case because I do want to buy it digitally.

Pre-order problems?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:18 (3559 days ago) @ Jironimo

Do we know for certain that there will be a Digital Guardian edition for the X1? I was really hoping that would be the case because I do want to buy it digitally.

I don't see any reason why there won't be. I'm pretty sure if it was a Playstation exclusive they would have announced it as such.

Pre-order problems?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 15:06 (3559 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I just checked on my order and it is indeed fine. In addition Future Shop has put a stock tracking tally up on the LE's catalog page to show how many are still available for pre-order. When I checked an hour ago, they had 73 left. For all of Canada, population 33 million.

-- Steve thinks "limited" may actually mean something for this limited edition.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread