Would anyone be interested in a "deeper look" into gear? (Destiny)

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:45 (3559 days ago)

I love words, their history, and meanings.

Bungie has brewed up a lot of clever names for the gear in Destiny and I have free time in the coming weeks.

I'd like to do a breakdown of the titles of said gear, the meanings and significance of them in an effort to possibly uncover some secrets, make sense of why ___ is named ___ and so on...

Would any of you find this interesting?

Is so...

Is it worth making a simple wordpress/tumblr? (I'm not good at site building)

One thread here that we keep secret and I annoyingly bump every time I finish researching another item?

Bi-weekly smoke signals?

I'd be interested in it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:47 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

An external file/site/blog would better though, to keep things manageable, in case you don't want to hold out until you have the full list.

I'd be interested in it

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:55 (3559 days ago) @ ZackDark

(I was kidding about the thread)

I've never attempted to do anything like this before so I figure a basic blog site that I can just drop individual posts into would be easy and a fast was to get info out to those interested, but eventually it would have to be in a searchable database and be organized for ease of use. That aspect I'd have no idea how to do.

I'm polling a few of my friends that are into lore and gaming also. I figured DBO is the land of the most passionate Bungie fans so I'd ask here to get a feel.

I'll post an example in a little bit in case people don't quite understand what I'm talking about.

I'd be interested in it

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:13 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

but eventually it would have to be in a searchable database and be organized for ease of use. That aspect I'd have no idea how to do.

Just use WordPress as your database. Write up your articles, tag them with the keywords you want, and make sure the Search widget is in your sidebar. Instant catalog.

Would anyone be interested in a "deeper look" into gear?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 17:53 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

Absolutely, go for it. I'd imagine external to here would facilitate the task better.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:00 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

Is it worth making a simple wordpress/tumblr? (I'm not good at site building)

No need to do anything fancy - just post here. Example.

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:06 (3559 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My concern is just the sheer amount of uniquely named items will create a long, long stream of updates and bumps. Coupled with the fact that we've seen "10% of the game", means this will be a constant "work in progress"

Well...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:07 (3559 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You live and learn. I did not know about this. I shall gorge myself mañana.

Example 01

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:18 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

A short, simple one:

Cloak of the Sojourn

[image]

Original Text: "The stars are calling"

Sojourn simply means an impermanent stay from a journey. "The stars are calling" is stating that where we are now is just a step in a long journey ahead of us to uncover the secrets of our universe.

Example 02

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:04 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

Vanir Armor Class (PS3/4 Timed Exclusive)

[image]

Vanir, stemming from Norse mythology, are a set of Gods associated with fertility, wisdom, nature, magic, and precognition. Following a great war they were amassed into the AEsir after establishing a truce following much mutual destruction. The war is still of debate due to fragmented information to this day.

Carnage

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:40 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

[image]

[image]

Carnage

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:47 (3559 days ago) @ Pyromancy

AHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! Perfect!

Can't sleep, Hive will eat me...

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 20:23 (3559 days ago) @ Fantom

[image]

[image]

We all float down here.

by rhubarb, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 22:09 (3559 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Sweet dreams.

[image]

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 04:32 (3558 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread