You can go to Saturn (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:08 (3553 days ago)

You can go to Saturn

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:24 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah. I don't think we've seen nothing yet.

Jupiter too.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:29 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Lets wait for the game to launch first though. ( Like we have much of a choice ;_;)

Yes, but it's just a 6 hour freefall into the atmosphere

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:32 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A bit like the end of 'The Oracle' in Halo 2, but yellow.

:P

EDIT: I loved that level actually. Creepy, foreboding - then intense and exciting!

Reef, man. It's all about that reef.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:32 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We saw plenty of concept art of the derelict floating in Saturn's rings. Maybe Saturn's still on the bill through that. And who knows what the Reef is.

Reef, man. It's all about that reef.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 18:45 (3553 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

We saw plenty of concept art of the derelict floating in Saturn's rings. Maybe Saturn's still on the bill through that. And who knows what the Reef is.

Its the asteroid belt. All you had to do was ask. ;) /Warlock

What about Mercury?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:31 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2:18 in the opening cinematic. Why would they mention it if we aren't going there in the game?

http://youtu.be/0ZC7Vj0D0Ms

Actually...

by Zero @, Florida, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:47 (3553 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's not exactly an explorable location(yet), but there does appear to be a Crucible location there called The Burning Shrine

Actually...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:53 (3553 days ago) @ Zero

Since the other maps seem to be located around explorable locations, maybe it will be. I just think it's a little odd to talk about a location during the opening cinematic that may only be a multiplayer map or future DLC.

What if...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 20:01 (3553 days ago) @ bluerunner

What if there are more locations than just Earth, Mars, Venus, and the moon in this first game? We saw in the beta that the moon was part of the download, but we couldn't access it until they unlocked it. What if some of these other locations are actually part of this first game, but they don't get unlocked until a few months in. Slowly releasing them would be one way to keep the population numbers up between DLC packs.

What if...

by Zero @, Florida, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 20:10 (3553 days ago) @ bluerunner

What if there are more locations than just Earth, Mars, Venus, and the moon in this first game? We saw in the beta that the moon was part of the download, but we couldn't access it until they unlocked it. What if some of these other locations are actually part of this first game, but they don't get unlocked until a few months in. Slowly releasing them would be one way to keep the population numbers up between DLC packs.

Now that would be really cool. There could be some story related events that lead up to us going there and exploring it. Seems very plausible with the nature of this game so there's hope!

Don't forget Mercury...

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 19:39 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In the 2013 E3 gameplay preview there is a brief clip of a ship flying into the atmosphere of a planet incredibly close to the sun.

Also, as far as Saturn, a glimpse of the planet from orbit is shown at the end of the actual 2013 E3 gameplay during the B roll.

I'd link both the vids if I weren't on my iPad.

Don't forget Mercury...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 20:35 (3553 days ago) @ Doooskey

I thought that platform implemented copy/paste years ago? You know, a couple years after everyone else. ;)

Seriously though, I thought that was possible on iOS. I don't use it much myself though, so I don't know the specifics. Maybe copy/paste only works for editable text fields, or the YouTube app doesn't let you copy URLs?

Don't forget Mercury...

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 06:29 (3553 days ago) @ stabbim

I thought that platform implemented copy/paste years ago? You know, a couple years after everyone else. ;)

Seriously though, I thought that was possible on iOS. I don't use it much myself though, so I don't know the specifics. Maybe copy/paste only works for editable text fields, or the YouTube app doesn't let you copy URLs?

It's possible, it's just a bit more of a hassle. I was being lazy...

Here are the links I failed to deliver last night...

Ship Flying into Mercury (I believe)

View from Saturn's Rings

Screen grab of the Mercury shot

You can go to Saturn

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 07:56 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OjUWw43co&feature=youtu.be&t=37s

CAN WE?! Or is that just in the DLC? :-p

Gee, Cody, subject lines like that are why I want to go dark. Aren't you dark?

You can go to Saturn

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 09:42 (3553 days ago) @ Kermit

Sorry dude, but the link is to a video from 2013, so I figured it wasn't a spoiler?

You can go to Saturn

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 11:18 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sorry dude, but the link is to a video from 2013, so I figured it wasn't a spoiler?

I'm halfway teasing. Halfway. I probably will go dark soon.

You can go to the Sun too, but only at night *nods sagely*

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 09:31 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Nice and cool then, see.

by yakaman, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 10:59 (3553 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

- No text -

You can go to Saturn

by electricpirate @, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 09:32 (3553 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have a feeling we will go to one of saturn's moons, but for a one off mission, not with a full free roam component.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread