Question about Hunters and the Gunslinger ability (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 05:53 (3558 days ago)

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I can't find a straight answer on any Destiny wikis and I don't want to accidentally spoil myself on other things.

Regarding the hunter's golden gun, way of the gun, gunslinger etc-

The gun the hunter pulls out appears to be separate from the other weapons they could be carrying. For example, if a hunter has a hand cannon equipped and activates that ability, a different pistol comes out (or does it?) for the duration of the ability. Likewise, if a hunter doesn't have a hand cannon equipped but opted for say, an auto-rifle, the golden gun still materializes from somewhere when the ability is triggered.

(I admit right now I did not play hunter in the beta)

My first question is, is what I just said above accurate?

My second question is, does that golden gun have a specific name? Does anyone have any images of it up close?

Question about Hunters and the Gunslinger ability

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 06:13 (3558 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's a different hand cannon. I could have a scout rifle equipped and it was still a hand cannon. If I had a hand cannon equipped it was still a different hand cannon, but I didn't look at it close enough to see if it looked like any others that I used.

by Bones @, The Last City, Earth, Sol System, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 06:25 (3558 days ago) @ Revenant1988

My first question is, is what I just said above accurate?

I believe that's accurate, and from what I can recall, the Golden Gun seems to have a unique hand cannon model with text on the side.

My second question is, does that golden gun have a specific name? Does anyone have any images of it up close?

If so, I don't think the name has been revealed yet. The description of the ability simply reads:

Golden Gun
Summon a flaming pistol that disintegrates enemies with Solar Light.

. . .

Pre-Alpha:

[image]
[image]

Beta:

[image]

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, August 07, 2014, 06:50 (3558 days ago) @ Bones

Excellent. Thanks for the clarifications gentlemen; Your checks are in the mail.

They're not from me, but someone probably sent you something.

Gun model without GG effect? *img*

by rhubarb, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 23:11 (3556 days ago) @ Bones

[image]

From here. No info though.

Tex Mechanica?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, August 10, 2014, 07:50 (3555 days ago) @ rhubarb

- No text -

Gun model without GG effect? *img*

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 08:00 (3555 days ago) @ rhubarb

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread