Weekly Update Ho! (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:07 (3568 days ago)

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12034
http://destiny.bungie.org/bwu/40

I'm sad - my multiple Level 20 Hand Cannons are gone forever. :(

Weekly Update Ho!

by petetheduck, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:09 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

DeeJ is taking this Beta wipe so seriously, he dedicated an entire BWU to it..

:D

I Blame the Darkness.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:24 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

THE DARKNESS! THE DARKNESS! ... Shit I can never take that phrase seriously ever again.

Now shake it off, we've all been dead before.

[image]

Dem Robes... Is that an effect emanating from the helm? 31 Days still Launch.

Yes. Yes, it is.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:48 (3568 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

No one who saw that video ever will.

by Velociraptor112, Places., Saturday, August 09, 2014, 21:38 (3567 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

When I see "THE DARKNESS" now, I only hear that video in my head....

Weekly Update Ho!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:33 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Like you would have used a hand canon anyway :-p

This is good news, as I can rework my guardian to not look so grumpy.

Weekly Update Ho!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:40 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Like you would have used a hand canon anyway :-p

This is good news, as I can rework my guardian to not look so grumpy.

RIP Cody the Grumpy Cat.

[image]

The Alpha was hard enough, but my Beta Babies too!?

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:40 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Nah, I don't even care! :P I fully expected this. Don't understand why anyone else wouldn't.

Gonna take it nice and slow - drink in that new-game smell again.

I can even fix my eye shadow!

by scarab @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 13:31 (3566 days ago) @ RC

I can even fix my eye shadow!

I got my eyebrows wrong. I wish I could make changes in-game.

Why can't I just change the lot: race, skin, face, gender? It's hundreds of years into the future - cosmetic surgery must be so much more advanced. But it looks like I can't even change my lippy :-)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 13:33 (3566 days ago) @ scarab

Maybe somehow the Ghost only revives you to your original stuff. "Check out this sweet new tattoo I got" *a day later* "Dang it, died again! Now I have to get it all over again!"

by scarab @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 13:44 (3566 days ago) @ Xenos

OK, I want to be able to change this stuff and I don't care if there is an in-world explanation for it.

I don't want to spend two hours on the character builder because I'm not sure if I got my eyebrow colour right and I'm afraid that if I get it wrong then I'm stuck with it.

I want to pick roughly what I want and then see if I can live with it. If I make a mistake then I want to be able to fix it easily.

It was just a joke :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 13:58 (3566 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

I wasn't upset or anything :-)

by scarab @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 14:02 (3566 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Eyebrow color is srs business. :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 14:00 (3566 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Damn right ;-)

by scarab @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 14:02 (3566 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Face paint?

by scarab @, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 13:39 (3566 days ago) @ scarab

Most of the lip colours were too garish. Could we have better selections? And how about options that fit better with our skin tones? I picked dark skin and found little that went well with that.

Most of the face paint patterns were like, "are you serious?"

I went for bald because the hair options were pretty bad.

I think that mass effect did character design better.

Face paint?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 08:59 (3564 days ago) @ scarab

Most of the lip colours were too garish. Could we have better selections? And how about options that fit better with our skin tones? I picked dark skin and found little that went well with that.

Same issue here. I wanted to try out different eye and lip colors but most of them seemed really out of place with the skin colors that were available. And I think you're right - it was more pronounced with the darker skin colors. Too many neon and pastel highlight colors. Sky blue lips on dark brown skin looked like someone had drawn my lips on with sidewalk chalk. I remember a particular shade of neon green lips that didn't seem to work with ANY skin color. I actually spent several minutes trying to find a face and skin color that looked good with that color of lips, because in theory I liked the idea, but I just couldn't find one that worked. I'll bet that some of them look better on a zoomed-out full-body model (like in the tower) than they do in a close-up, but the close-up was all I had to work with at that point. Another argument for being able to change your look later, really. If that were an option, you can try the overly garish stuff and see if it looked ok at a different scale, and change if it didn't.

Most of the face paint patterns were like, "are you serious?"

Have to agree here. Though again, I suspect some of them probably look better zoomed out, or maybe with particular gear.

I think that mass effect did character design better.

Yes and no. It was definitely easier to come up with something that wasn't just outright weird, but you were also limited to pretty standard human faces (assuming we're talking about the single-player, anyway).

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 08:45 (3564 days ago) @ scarab

When I was creating my warlock, I didn't realize that the hairstyle I picked had a sort of top-knot/mohawk hybrid thing going on, and I didn't really like the way it looked on that character once I could see the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to change those things in the full game.

Weekly Update Ho!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:52 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by bluerunner, Friday, August 08, 2014, 17:56

I opened up the app to take some final screen shots of my hunter. I noticed the hood has changed on my cape. It originally had the wolf heads on each side. The pants and lower part of the shirt were also much lighter. I wonder if that's a change that happened since the beta.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Weekly Update Ho!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, August 08, 2014, 18:01 (3568 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yeah, I just checked both my Titan and Warlock--neither of which had any items better than Green--but all of the armor looked more detailed with either new patterns or textures. Looks like maybe some server-side updates have been put into effect that are "retroactive" with our Beta characters.

Weekly Update Ho!

by j41m3z @, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 00:24 (3568 days ago) @ bluerunner

They were like that during the beta.

Weekly Update Ho!

by Jester GS, Earth, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 18:12 (3567 days ago) @ bluerunner

Wasn't the base color of the hood white and the wolves a dark color like the bottom of the cape, too?

Weekly Update Ho!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 18:50 (3567 days ago) @ Jester GS

Here's what the cape looked like during the beta:

[image]

Weekly Update Ho!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 19:10 (3567 days ago) @ bluerunner

Where did you get such pretty pics of your armor???

Weekly Update Ho!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 19:18 (3567 days ago) @ breitzen

Where did you get such pretty pics of your armor???

You mean this? Artists Reference Portal

Very Cool!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 19:22 (3567 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not sure how I missed it... :/

My Titan looked dumb, so okay. :)

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, August 08, 2014, 20:21 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Good night Sweet Titans

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Saturday, August 09, 2014, 01:27 (3568 days ago) @ Claude Errera

First I had lay down my Alpha Titan, Alpha Trion.

Now his two adopted sons, Betatronus and Betamax Prime must also be cast as dust into the eternal sandbox.

Luckily, before their demise, the brothers cast aside their decades of brutal competition to create a protogram, infused with their likenesses and talents. No doubt, on the very eve of September 9th, a fateful ghost will reconstruct this protogram with a destined soul and forge a truly, brutal war machine.

Rest soft my sweet titans, this is the only rest you shall ever know.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread