No digital preloading Destiny on Xbox One ... (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 10:38 (3565 days ago)

During the Microsoft briefing, they announced that Digital pre-ordering and pre-loading will be available this year... "with Fifa 15 (Release date Sept 23) and Forza Horizon 2 (Release date Sept 30)"

So sadly, looks like Destiny is releasing 2 weeks too early for this feature to be enabled? I get the feeling that MS is simply holding out on this feature for games that are "more exclusive" to their platform, which sucks. I don't see why it couldn't be enabled now. I'd really prefer to get the Digital Guardian edition, but now I'm stuck either trying to find one of the premium physical editions or just buy the season pass separately from the digital download :-\

No digital preloading Destiny on Xbox One ...

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 10:42 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I think MS would be more than happy to have it for launch if they could, as they locking people in a lot better with each digital purchase.

Either a business deal or not ready on time on a technological time.

Digital Guardian Edition does NOT require a pre-order

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 10:50 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 11:23

I'd really prefer to get the Digital Guardian edition, but now I'm stuck either trying to find one of the premium physical editions or just buy the season pass separately from the digital download :-\

Urk did mention the Digital Guardian Edition should be available on September 9th. Honestly, I think the Digital Guardian Edition will probably be available for a little while after launch, if not indefinitely. The pre-order bonus for it is not all the stuff that comes with it, it's the Vanguard Armory.

Edit: Here is what Urk said on Twitter:

"[Digital Guardian Edition] not available for pre order at this time, but should be available at launch."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 11:33 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

It seems to me that if the characters are playable across console generations that their gear would come with them, right? Meaning that if you're getting multiple copies you don't have pre-order on each platform to get the bonuses.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 21:07 (3564 days ago) @ Kermit

Not necessarily. Sometimes with DLC you have to actually have the DLC loaded on your current console at the moment to equip the items, even after acquiring them. It could be a scenario where the item disappears (or just becomes unequippable) until you go back to the other console or buy the DLC. It depends how they do it. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll find out the specifics until it's out in the wild and fans have done the requisite experimenting.

My personal problem with that...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 11:41 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

Is that I'm likely leaving the country on Sept 8th. The ability to pre-load a digital copy of the game was pretty critical for me... I'll most likely have to wait until October to play

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 11:44 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Is that I'm likely leaving the country on Sept 8th. The ability to pre-load a digital copy of the game was pretty critical for me... I'll most likely have to wait until October to play

Ah, yes that is an entirely different matter all together, got a friend or family member that can start the download for you?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:39 (3565 days ago) @ Xenos

Ah, yes that is an entirely different matter all together, got a friend or family member that can start the download for you?

Ha, well.. the reason for wanting to pre-load was so that I could take my Xbox with me on my travels and play Destiny in the hotel--I fear that trying to download the game over hotel WiFi in China while tunneled into a VPN that places me in California will take the entire two weeks to complete...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:41 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Ha, well.. the reason for wanting to pre-load was so that I could take my Xbox with me on my travels and play Destiny in the hotel--I fear that trying to download the game over hotel WiFi in China while tunneled into a VPN that places me in California will take the entire two weeks to complete...

Somehow I think you might be in trouble anyway. The size of Day 1 patches for games is pretty huge nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 2-3 gig patch on September 9th (still better than 50, but still probably a day or more of downloading in those kind of conditions)

I'm in the same spot as you and it sucks.

by Jester GS, Earth, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 11:19 (3565 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread