The Dark Below (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 18:59 (3564 days ago)

No one is talking about this. Discuss.

Did we learn something new about it?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 19:03 (3564 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

- No text -

Nope. Hence the lack of discussion.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 19:14 (3564 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

We're going to steal the moon...back!

by rhubarb, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 19:17 (3564 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

The Dark Below: Destinipicable Me 3

[image]

Seriously, we're going to retake the moon from the Hive. The main game missions may yet involve much of the moon but who knows how deep they've been digging.

The Dark Below

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 22:39 (3564 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Sony mentioned it in their presser even though it isn't timed exclusive. Following their tradition of wording things to imply exclusivity. That kind of marketing garbage grinds my gears.

The Dark Below

by kapowaz, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 02:38 (3564 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Sony mentioned it in their presser even though it isn't timed exclusive. Following their tradition of wording things to imply exclusivity. That kind of marketing garbage grinds my gears.

Meanwhile: Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive! Except, maybe it won't be…? Or will it! Argh, if only there was some way of using words in a way that meant exactly what people think they mean?

The Dark Below

by kapowaz, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 07:25 (3564 days ago) @ kapowaz

Bonekin posted this on TSDIRC:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job," Spencer told Eurogamer. "My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square."

Translation: I'm a weasly Marketing PR person, and I can't tell it straight, but this game is probably coming to other platforms after our exclusivity agreement expires.

The Dark Below

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:28 (3563 days ago) @ kapowaz

Bonekin posted this on TSDIRC:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job," Spencer told Eurogamer. "My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square."

Translation: I'm a weasly Marketing PR person, and I can't tell it straight, but this game is probably coming to other platforms after our exclusivity agreement expires.

What is the true meaning of a presser? to give information to the customer? no, that can't be it, they aren't even trying.

Confirmed: WoW expansion!

by kapowaz, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 02:32 (3564 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Funnily enough, this was posted on MMO Champion exactly one year ago today:

Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" - WoW or D3 Expansion?
Blizzard just trademarked "The Dark Below" and it definitely looks like it has something to do with a new game or expansion!

[image]

…looks like they got that one wrong ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread