Suping up your Super: How will you do it? (Destiny)

by Dan de Board @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 06:04 (3564 days ago)

During the beta we were introduced to Supers; awesome abilities that can turn the tide of battle. They're very powerful on their own, but like every other aspect of your guardian they can be customized to further suit your playstyle. We didn't have much of an opportunity to use some of these in the beta, but is there anything that you're excited to try out? How will you sup up your super?

Striker
Death from Above: After jumping, Fist of Havoc can be aimed at enemies below.
Shockwave: Fist of Havoc unleashes a wave of devastating energy which travels along the ground.
Ability Modifiers
Aftermath: Increases the duration of the Pulse Grenade, Shock Grenade, and the Fist of Havoc's Aftermath.
Unstoppable: You are harder to kill while using Fist of Havoc.

Defender
Blessing of Light: Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary shield.
Weapons of Light: Passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary increase to weapon damage.
Bastion: Increases the duration of Ward of Dawn
Gift of the Void: As Ward of Dawn takes damage from enemy fire it creates additional Orbs of Light.
Untouchable: Reduces the cooldown time of Ward of Dawn.
Illuminated: Increases the benefits granted by Blessing of Light and Weapons of Light.

Gunslinger
Combustion: Killing enemies with Golden Gun causes them to explode.
Gunfighter: Reduces the cooldown of Golden Gun, allowing it to be used more often.
Keyhole: Golden gun overpenetrates and can damage multiple targets.
Over the Horizon: Increases the range of Golden Gun.

Bladedancer
Razor's Edge: Press "RT/R2" during Arc Blade to unleash a destructive wave of energy that travels along the ground.
Vanish: Press "RT/R2" during Arc Blade to disappear from sight.
Encore: Killing an enemy with Arc Blade extends its duration.
Hungering Blade: Kills with Arc Blade and Blink Strike immediately regenerate health.

Voidwalker
Shatter: Nova Bomb splits into three projectiles.
Lance: Nova Bomb travels further and faster.
Vortex Mastery: Increases the range of Axion Bolt seekers and the duration of the Vortex effect of Nova Bomb and Vortex Grenade.
Bent Gravity: Increases the range of grenades and Nova Bomb.
Angry Magic: Nova Bomb tracks enemies.
Embrace the Void: Damaging enemies with Nova Bomb or any grenade triggers the Energy Drain effect.
Bloom: Enemies killed with any of your abilities explode.

Sunsinger
Radiant Skin: While active, Radiance reduces incoming damage.
Fireborn: Radiance can now be activated from beyond the grave. Doing so returns you to life.
Radiant Will: Increases the duration of Radiance.

Definitely plenty of options for making your Super the best it can be!

Exotic weapon all the Supers!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 14:18 (3564 days ago) @ Dan de Board

There was a video a few weeks back with a level 20+ Titan that had more than one of those Striker effects on at the same time, due to exotic weapon bonuses.

Exotic weapon all the Supers!

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 17:47 (3564 days ago) @ ZackDark

There was a video a few weeks back with a level 20+ Titan that had more than one of those Striker effects on at the same time, due to exotic weapon bonuses.

Sage showed off the Helm of Inmost Light in an IGN video, which "Provides Death from Above and Headstrong for Fist of Havoc". Very nice.

Sage double-dips at 3:09

Link starts at 3:09 at youtube.

Double up instead instead of double dip?

by Dan de Board @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 21:46 (3564 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

I know we can double dip, but can we double up? Could we get two of the same skills and double their effect? For example, much longer Aftershock effect, or getting Shatter twice for 6 Nova Bombs?

The possibilities are seeming grander and grander!

Fireborn

by Velociraptor112, Places., Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:15 (3564 days ago) @ Dan de Board

"Radiance can now be activated from beyond the grave..."

Now that's awesome.

Suping up your Super: How will you do it?

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:50 (3564 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Sunsinger
Radiant Skin: While active, Radiance reduces incoming damage.
Fireborn: Radiance can now be activated from beyond the grave. Doing so returns you to life.

Wait... WHAT!? You can ressurect yourself?

Like, I kill a Sunsinger, he'll resurrect himself as I pass over his corpse, then he'll stab me in the back?

This game is crazy.

I like it

I wonder if that works in solo darkness zones? Could come in handy.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:59 (3564 days ago) @ RC

I suspect so. In one of the recent videos (from E3) a Warlock revived himself right underneath a Wizard. We haven't yet seen Wizards outside of Darkness zones I don't think.

The REAL question is, do you erase someone's kill when you revive yourself. That'd be crazy!

by Dan de Board @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 21:54 (3564 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I fee. a lot of folks are going to pick Sunsinger. Offensive support classes are always super fun, especially when they seem as useful as this one.

Defender Titans are up there for me though too. They seem so helpful and can generate a boatload of Orbs of Light!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 22:04 (3564 days ago) @ Dan de Board

It will be interesting to see if AI enemies will try and shoot through Ward of Dawn. Human opponents will learn soon enough to stop so they won't generate orbs for the enemy team...

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 20:53 (3564 days ago) @ Dan de Board

For added dramatic effect, I will come up with a special name for my super and shout it loudly and proudly as I gloriously and unfairly stomp on my opponents. I can't wait to play crucible again, it's gonna be so exciting.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread