Pocket Worlds? (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:10 (3548 days ago)

[image]

From here:
http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/destiny-ps4/exclusive-content

Maybe a connection to the Vault of Glass?

Nice find! So many possibilities

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:13 (3548 days ago) @ bluerunner

Interesting. That indicates to me that there are places on Venus where we actually leave Venus and go to another world or dimension that is somehow different than the normal one. Bungie could do all kinds of interesting things with that!

Pocket Worlds?

by kapowaz, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:33 (3548 days ago) @ bluerunner

It mentions the Vex, a race of robots who do weird robotic things in their spare time. Maybe these ‘pocket worlds’ are connected with the zones in which we encounter them? I'm thinking perhaps areas that are only reached through portals (we've seen these on Venus in certain videos before)?

Pocket Worlds?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 10:58 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

From here:
http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/destiny-ps4/exclusive-content

What if I take a pocket infinity into a pocket world? Will that rupture the space time continuum?

Pocket Worlds?

by Miguel Chavez, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:32 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What if I take a pocket infinity into a pocket world? Will that rupture the space time continuum?

No.

[image]

Pocket Worlds?

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:14 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

Remember back when Joe Staten was referring to 'Time travelling robots'? What if the Vex can inhabit alternate timelines? Which could also be described as pocket worlds? I love rampant speculation.

Pocket Worlds?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:21 (3547 days ago) @ The Woaf

Remember back when Joe Staten was referring to 'Time travelling robots'? What if the Vex can inhabit alternate timelines? Which could also be described as pocket worlds? I love rampant speculation.

Man if this is true I will be fighting Vex the majority of the time in the game. I love time traveling and alternate dimensions. (Probably one of the reasons I'm crazy enough to like Marathon Infinity best).

Pocket Worlds?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:48 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

Man if this is true I will be fighting Vex the majority of the time in the game. I love time traveling and alternate dimensions. (Probably one of the reasons I'm crazy enough to like Marathon Infinity best).

Step through a portal, Elite Vex roam the background by the hundreds, fight off a few, then nope your way on out of there.

Pocket Worlds?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:01 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

You know what's funny? Infinity basically retconned M2, since M2 ended up being a failed timeline.

Even so, I will never ever start marathon.isnotcanon.net. Unless Bungie makes a new one.

Pocket Worlds?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:17 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You know what's funny? Infinity basically retconned M2, since M2 ended up being a failed timeline.

Even so, I will never ever start marathon.isnotcanon.net. Unless Bungie makes a new one.

Yeah I've discussed this with a few friends. In some ways it is definitely a retcon, but on the other hand if the events hadn't happened in the first place the alternate timelines would not have been necessary to switch to, to avert the disaster. Not the MOST mindbending paradox, but still enough to make you talk in circles.

Pocket Worlds?

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:42 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What if Infinity is all just a dream, though? :O

Pocket Worlds?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 17:06 (3547 days ago) @ Avateur

What if Infinity is all just a dream, though? :O

That's the one part I never figured out:

Despair
Rage
Envy
Aye
Mak
Sicur

What does it all mean?

Pocket Worlds?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:36 (3547 days ago) @ The Woaf

alternate timelines

There have been a handful of clues (most from the FWC rep) that lead me to believe that this is going to be an important theme for at least part of the game. I can't help but feel a wee bit giddy about that.

Pocket Worlds?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:55 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 11:58

Clues? They are practically declarations!

What if there were a single timeline untouched by war, would you have any idea how to live in it?

What if there were a better timeline somewhere? What have you done to earn it?

A single light in an infinity of darkness. Like the last signal flare before the wars are overrun.

From the black holes of their bodies, new timelines are born.

A trillion timelines, and all at war. Like a thousand red flowers growing in a black garden.

And the very mysterious:

So; I can tell by the way you stare at me you've seen her. Haven't you?

He also talks about the siege of Tycho. Is that when Durandal killed him and crashed his ship on Lh'owon's moon? Marathon tie in Confirmed. Or maybe just in certain timelines.

Pocket Worlds?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:00 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Clues? They are practically declarations!

Listening to her always makes me think, "What do you know that I don't?" I'm looking forward to finding out.

Pocket Worlds? *SP*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:09 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A trillion timelines, and all at war. Like a thousand red flowers growing in a black garden.

And the Black Garden seems to play a significant part in Destiny's story according to the short mission descriptions collected by that guy who set up the DestinyDB thing. For instance: The Queen of the Reef had some sort of access to it. The Vex and Cabal were (separately?) guarding it. And there was some type of Black Garden Spire that was worth capturing or destroying.

And the very mysterious:

Perhaps speaking of the "Exo Stranger", the hunter who we saw in the cutscene where we escaped with our Jumpship, in the Temple of Crota cutscene on the Moon, and on the Reef where she talked about many strong Guardians falling before cloaking. She even had a Grimoire card, but it was redacted. :(

Pocket Worlds? *SP*

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:51 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And the Black Garden seems to play a significant part in Destiny's story according to the short mission descriptions collected by that guy who set up the DestinyDB thing. For instance: The Queen of the Reef had some sort of access to it. The Vex and Cabal were (separately?) guarding it. And there was some type of Black Garden Spire that was worth capturing or destroying.

They can throw whatever else they like at us, and I'll enjoy all of it. Everything has been gorgeous so far. But the Black Garden is the one location that mystifies me. Must know more.

And the very mysterious:

Perhaps speaking of the "Exo Stranger", the hunter who we saw in the cutscene where we escaped with our Jumpship, in the Temple of Crota cutscene on the Moon, and on the Reef where she talked about many strong Guardians falling before cloaking. She even had a Grimoire card, but it was redacted. :(

I thought this referred to the Queen of the Reef, but I kind of like your idea better.

I've wondered if the Vex have marched across all (or most) alternate realities, searching for something that allows them to control the fate of the universe, and thought maybe in Destiny's world they've closed in on one of the few remaining viable realities with only us as Guardians to fight them back. "Hopeful" has been tossed around so much in the marketing that I'm sure all of my darker storyline ideas are way off, but here's hoping.

~m

Where is the Black Garden, anyway?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 14:15 (3547 days ago) @ Malagate

I remember being hinted that it was in Mercury.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 15:48 (3547 days ago) @ ZackDark

I remember being hinted that it was in Mercury.

Heh, I was under the impression that it was somewhere on Earth -- but I don't recall if I read that somewhere or just assumed it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 15:49 (3547 days ago) @ ZackDark

Mars... probably. I thought it was Venus but DestinyDB list it and a few related missions as being on Mars...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:08 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

DestinyDB

I still want to know where that site is getting its information.

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:09 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

DestinyDB

I still want to know where that site is getting its information.

They mentioned 'data mining.' Not sure if that was from the App or the website.

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:22 (3547 days ago) @ RC

I thought they had looked inside the code for the Alpha and the Beta. Does anyone know if their info predates the Alpha? That would mean that the (publicly available) code can't be their only source of info.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 17:00 (3547 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

I thought it had something to do with the Companion app and finding out how to request info on missions that weren't accessible in game.. or something. There's no explanation that I could easily find though... It could all be fake but it doesn't feel like it...

Pocket Worlds?

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:50 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

I guess the existence of pocket worlds opens up more location possibilities for expansions than if we could only visit the planets in our solar system. I am ready to see the stereotypical snow world/jungle world/desert world that were mainstays of the Halo games. I would really like to see a snow world the most though, there's just something fun about them.

Pocket Worlds?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 14:39 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

Sounds more like alternate dimensions to me. Possibly a realm where the Vex dwell, or cross through as part of their time-traveling.

See Here

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 17:00 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

Gotta catch 'em all, I guess

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, August 14, 2014, 03:46 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Win

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 08:51 (3547 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Just Occurred To Me

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, August 15, 2014, 06:28 (3546 days ago) @ bluerunner

That a pocket world(s) would be the perfect excuse for a forge zone in Destiny. Probably over-optimistic but it's opportune.

Just Occurred To Me

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, August 15, 2014, 06:49 (3546 days ago) @ DaDerga

That a pocket world(s) would be the perfect excuse for a forge zone in Destiny. Probably over-optimistic but it's opportune.

I would be just fine if they said they couldn't incorporate forge into the default maps, but instead we would get another Forge World.

Just Occurred To Me

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, August 15, 2014, 07:00 (3546 days ago) @ bluerunner

I would be just fine if they said they couldn't incorporate forge into the default maps, but instead we would get another Forge World.

I couldn't agree more and they have the perfect vehicle for that approach with the pocket worlds. It also fits the narrative without being incongruous.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread