Crucible gametype team scores standardized (Destiny)

by ireallylovelists, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 18:48 (3564 days ago)

As everyone knows from the beta, the Control gametype had each teams score as the summation of the scores of the players on the team and points were scored for captures and kills (with modifiers on the kills for the number of points captured). This was an interesting mix of deathmatch and objective.. kills mattered.. objectives mattered.. but mainly as a multiplier for kill scores..

Well, looking at the latest crucible trailer that Bungie released, it looks like the other gametypes will work in a similar fashion.. In multiple points in the video, the "team" score (individual score in rumble) in the bottom right goes up by the amount of points the player scored for kills and any other modifiers (use of super, headshot, etc.).

The "salvaging of relics" in Salvage might be a bigger bonus and may weigh more heavily on the final score but in general it seems that even in objective games in Destiny.. the main objective is killing.... Still.. no... capture the flag?

Crucible gametype team scores standardized

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 19:03 (3564 days ago) @ ireallylovelists

I wonder if Capture the Flag might not be more frustrating in Destiny than in Halo. With so many sniper rifles potentially on any map it could be very difficult to move a flag more than a few feet.

Crucible gametype team scores standardized

by ireallylovelists, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 19:32 (3564 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I am not saying that CTF as we think of it would work in Destiny (lots of possible balancing issues with supers and character abilities and weapon abilities and ...).

It is probably a reasonable conceit from Bungie that the most popular matchmaking playlists for all shooters in general are variations of deathmatch so Bungie is trying to make interesting variations of Deathmatch (and not too many).. I think it is reasonable for matchmaking (not to mention that deathmatch games are more resilient to quitters and join-in-progress).

Hopefully we will get some type of private rooms and more options for custom matches.. if we get custom matches.

In any case, this is not a complaint, just more of an observation.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread