Clarification needed on editions, please. (Destiny)

by Jester GS, Earth, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 08:47 (3551 days ago)

Ok, so up till now I had planned on getting limited if I could find a copy. I'm doing this cause I'm playing on Xbox one and I want the vanguard armory preorder bonus. I was looking at the editions on b.net and saw something interesting. The Digital Guardian Edition lists the Vanguard Armory as part of what is included, as well as the ghost shell, ship, and emblem. The other editions, including Ghost and Limited, do not list it. Is this something new? Could I possibly get the digital Guardian edition and get the vanguard armory as well as the other stuff? Here's a link to show you what I'm talking about.

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy/editions?edition=guardianEdition

Thanks for the help!

Clarification needed on editions, please.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 08:50 (3551 days ago) @ Jester GS

The Vanguard Armory comes with all digital purchases of the game, but for physical copies it is up to the retailer, but doesn't matter what edition you buy. Amazon includes it with pre-order as well as Gamestop.

by Jester GS, Earth, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 10:52 (3551 days ago) @ Xenos

The Vanguard Armory comes with all digital purchases of the game, but for physical copies it is up to the retailer, but doesn't matter what edition you buy. Amazon includes it with pre-order as well as Gamestop.

Thanks so much! I was under the understanding that if I got the digital guardian edition, I wouldn't get the vanguard armory because you can't preorder on XBO. This makes me very happy!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 10:58 (3551 days ago) @ Jester GS

Thanks so much! I was under the understanding that if I got the digital guardian edition, I wouldn't get the vanguard armory because you can't preorder on XBO. This makes me very happy!

Yeah, the way I understand it (with past XB1 releases) you get the pre-order stuff when you purchase on Day 1, but that's just my understanding.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread