Beards. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:50 (3546 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:53

Best. Topic. Ever.

So in this The Front Page article via The Sixth Axis via Xenos, that TOTALLY wasn't linked to first in the forums by DaDarga. They mention ...

TSA: So along those lines, what kinds of things have you learnt from the beta? Is there anything that you’re thinking you might try and patch in?

Jonty: Well there were hundreds of little changes that we actually made. The most notable one that we’ve actually talked about was the Interceptor in competitive multiplayer that was too powerful, but we also had the Hand Cannon that was not powerful enough. We had lots of optimisations to do about making sure the best people are matched together and making sure they’re given the best experience in terms of skill and geographic match making.

And then there were weird things, like people wanting beards!

TSA: I think anything to make up for the little arm bangle for the Warlocks. If Warlocks could have beards, though…

Jonty: [laughs] But I mean, for some people it was very important for them as human beings to be able to have a beard, because that’s part of their personality, I guess, in real life. So that has started a very heated internal dialogue at Bungie about we do beards, what is the prioritisation of that and how we can accomplish that. So that’s been a funny one!

TSA: As long as people aren’t kept waiting until Destiny 2 for those to show up.

Jonty: Uh, I would hope not. ...

So they have heard us. Beards are being discussed behind the hollowed Bungie walls, so now shall we. Let's answer the questions! FOR THE BEARDS!

How should Bungie do beards? What should be the prioritization of such?

Beards.

by kapowaz, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:55 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

How should Bungie do beards? What should the prioritization of such?

They should do them well and they should be prioritised above everything else. Seriously though, I'm astonished that they neglected to include beards when they actually already discussed this internally. It's a fundamental thing in any game where you create a personalised avatar that some people will want their avatar to look like their idealised version of themselves. That this would obviate beards entirely seems extremely unlikely.

Also, Sage has an amazing beard; surely he spoke up? Was he shut down? WE MUST KNOW.

BEARDS.

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:56 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Who wants to take up this challenge? No shaving until September 9th and 12:00AM.

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:01 (3546 days ago) @ PackLeader89

Who wants to take up this challenge? No shaving until September 9th and 12:00AM.

I was already planning on it. Though I may have had another objective in mind.

It's laziness.

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:05 (3546 days ago) @ Xenos

LAZINESS! From a Guardian? Unheard of...

Hahaha

I'd like to.

by Quirel, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:45 (3546 days ago) @ PackLeader89

My boss at the food plant would have something to say about it. A lot of things, really.

I'd like to.

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:06 (3546 days ago) @ Quirel

Haha well I don't want you to lose your job over it. I appreciate the emotional support.

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:15 (3546 days ago) @ PackLeader89

Haha... And then anyone who takes this challenge will immediately forget to shave for the first 2 weeks of the release.

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:16 (3546 days ago) @ Doooskey

Hahaha true.

However, it would be a good thing to do while waiting for the 20GB download to finish installing. I mean, what else could I be doing at 1:30am on September 9th?

#NoSHAVEtilDESTINY

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 17:56 (3544 days ago) @ PackLeader89

Hahaha true.

However, it would be a good thing to do while waiting for the 20GB download to finish installing. I mean, what else could I be doing at 1:30am on September 9th?

I tend to shave at night anyway, because it often means the difference between putting it off until tomorrow or not, plus if I do wait it'll have another eight-ish hours to grow and it'll be more of a pain to deal with.

I've been #NoShaveForDestiny for 24 years

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 21:03 (3545 days ago) @ PackLeader89

but nobody has noticed

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 06:12 (3545 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Bungie should give you a shit ton of exotic armor for that. I'll write them a letter for you.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 06:42 (3545 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

[image]

Proof.

+1

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 08:03 (3545 days ago) @ DaDerga

Nice! Someone should let Bungie know that facial hair is the cool thing to do.

Sure, why not.

by Penthesilean, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 07:41 (3545 days ago) @ PackLeader89

I don't know if making the decision to stop shaving my legs for the next few weeks will help, but anything possible for the cause, I say.

Skin tones and race emulations looked great, but the character options seemed just a little bit lean (hairstyles, scars, markings/ink). I totally support you guys getting the option for facial hair, because I like the aesthetic, and it just makes sense.

Plus, seeing this legitimate topic everywhere beats all the Concern Trolling I see, like "No Variable PS4 Controller Backlights - A Sign Destiny Will Fail Hard?" or "Not Every Single PvP Possibility Available At Launch = Total Disaster!"

Won't someone please think of the children?

Or sexy face scruff. Dealer's choice.

I say "Do it"

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 08:04 (3545 days ago) @ Penthesilean

I say go for it: dont shave your legs til Sept. 9th. Show the world your faith and your devotion to becoming legend. Haha. Anyway, that's the end of my argument.

I also demand unibrows

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:02 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

The Hierarchy Of Beards

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:08 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Answer above.

Beards.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:16 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Usually I like to hold back and see some replies before I chime in. Not this time.

I think that starting out - no one should get beards. That's right greenhorn, you start out as smooth as babys bottom. Over time you earn your beards. Over time you earn legendary styles like The Bear Or The Sage. Where would you do this? How would you make this work story wise? Well... perhaps in due to your reanimation of your existence don't actually grow hair. The hair you do have is in part thanks to your ghosts doing. It takes alot of energy to do that - turn energy into matter without destroying everything (or how ever story wise the ghost does what it does in the beginning).

It can only do it if you are strong enough too. Its a big deal.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Flawless Argument :)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 10:27 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

+10

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:07 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Boom. I like it!

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:20 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"Shave It Off, We've All Been Dead Before"

Beards.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 11:32 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They should make them Recon status, only allow them for Bungie employees and people who make great contributions to the community. I can haz beard?

Vital

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 13:33 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Available for both genders, human and awoken, while Exo get weird rust beards.

Priority should be high, I was very surprised there weren't any in the beta.

Beards are positively paramount - get on it, Bungie.

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 14:20 (3546 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Beards.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 15:31 (3545 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

BEARDS. YES. 'Nuff said.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread