Did you know that the Interceptor was Cabal? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 08:48 (3548 days ago)

I didn't.

I did...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 09:02 (3548 days ago) @ Claude Errera

...but I can't remember where I heard that. It's shown up in some clips of Mars, but I want to say that I heard it was Cabal sometime during the beta. Now it's going to bug me that I don't remember how I knew.

I did...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 09:06 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

...but I can't remember where I heard that. It's shown up in some clips of Mars, but I want to say that I heard it was Cabal sometime during the beta. Now it's going to bug me that I don't remember how I knew.

It's been in at least one PvE trailer on Mars where the Guardians are clearly fighting the Cabal. If I remember after work I may go look for it.

I did...

by ireallylovelists, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 09:37 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

It was also in the recent Newsweek Destiny collectors edition (listed as Cabal Interceptor and Fallen Pike)

I did...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 11:19 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

...but I can't remember where I heard that.

I told you when we were on our short moon run. Sucks that they're nerfing it, since it would have been terrifying to go up against something like the Beta Interceptor run by AI...

I did...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 11:34 (3547 days ago) @ Korny

I told you when we were on our short moon run. Sucks that they're nerfing it, since it would have been terrifying to go up against something like the Beta Interceptor run by AI...

That's it. Where did you hear it?

I did...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 11:35 (3547 days ago) @ Korny

Have they said they're nerfing it in PVE?

Yay for Hand Cannon and Pulse Rifle buffs!!

by ireallylovelists, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 09:41 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

About my only complaint with the game play in the beta was the dominance of the auto rifles and scout rifles as primaries .. Especially in PVP .. The hand cannons and pulse rifles really do add important shooting dynamics and options to the game ... So Yay!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:14 (3547 days ago) @ ireallylovelists

I did all right with a hand cannon at appropriate ranges though a small buff would be welcome. Pulse Rifles though... I got virtually 0 kills even though I wanted to like them. Very glad to hear they're being looked at.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 11:00 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I love the hand cannons. In PvE that's pretty much all I used. In PvP I tried to use them, but there was a disadvantage compared to scout rifles. Hopefully this will give me more reason to use them in PvP.

Pulse rifles were useless to me. I'll give them another try when it releases. Ultimately I would like to see the auto rifle be most effective only in close quarters, pulse and hand cannon mid-range, and scout long range.

Did you know that the Interceptor was Cabal?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:04 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I had no idea either. Thanks for the vid!

- CC

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:16 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yes, but it and the Pikes doesn't have the same strong identity to their respective races that PURPLE = Covenant GREEN = Human did for Halo.

Bah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 13:19 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Visual identity being recognized from shape and style, rather than color, is a lot cooler.

It's not like you need different colors to tell a BMW from a Mercedes, right? Or a Ferrari from a Lamborghini. Or a Vauxhall from an Opel.

I just assumed based off of it's visual design

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:16 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 10:36 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I assumed it was. Big and chunky and powerful. Fits their design aesthetic, just as Pikes:Fallen.

But I have to say, Pike juke + quick guns = Pike > *, especially if the Interceptor is getting toned down.

~m

I never got to see it and I was on the MOON too.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 11:01 (3547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I probably died a lot and too quickly.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread