Official Destiny Gameplay Launch Trailer (Destiny)

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:08 (3547 days ago)

Watch it here, folks!

Official Destiny Gameplay Launch Trailer

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:16 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

That music. My spine-y sense is shivering!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:32 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

That music. My spine-y sense is shivering!

This, this. So much this.

Ms. Exo Stranger is getting a lot of talking time...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:21 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Good trailer too. A bunch of stuff I haven't seen before. Love that view of Mars overlooking the city with which ever moon that was hanging huge in the sky.

Uh....

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:25 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

...did I just see a dragon?

Also

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:35 (3547 days ago) @ Leviathan

...really looking forward to doing that move at the 1:15 mark!

I hit pause immediately when I saw it!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 13:08 (3547 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Is That A....

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:25 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

[image]

Dragon?

Hah.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:33 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

Linked brains! And i just took a screen but looks like you did the hard work for me, heh.

Washington!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:35 (3547 days ago) @ Leviathan

Gonna have to gif it too lol.

I'm thinking Hive...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:42 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

It would be the best faction to suit a dragon or dragon-like creature...

Perhaps its the old god they are praying to, inside the moon? That Hellmouth sure is a wiiiiide doorway...

I'm thinking Hive...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:51 (3547 days ago) @ Leviathan

Good call, would make the most sense anyway. However, don't the Vex have small flying constructs with bat-like wings? Could be a massive creature of that type?

I'm thinking Hive...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:35 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

It's obviously the Ender Dragon.

Minecraft/Destiny crossover.

I'm thinking Hive...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:42 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's obviously the Ender Dragon.

Minecraft/Destiny crossover.

Needs to happen.

Here's The GIF

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:29 (3547 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]

So atmospheric.

That would be pretty cool.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:35 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

Cyberdragon. From space. Raid only.

They are obviously trying to make these 3 weeks drag

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:29 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

How am I supposed to handle work and non-Destiny video games when they release a new trailer every week?

:)

by dCon V @, Thomasville, GA, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:36 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Watch it here, folks!

That's what I'm talking about!! Fantastic!

That Titan leaping off that high stone pillar to ground pound the Vex - chills.
The Warlock erupting in wings of flame - awesome!
The fireteam slow walking while the Hunter reloads - Badass!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 10:47 (3547 days ago) @ dCon V

The Warlock erupting in wings of flame - awesome!

Yes! I can't wait to try out the Sunsinger!

I gotta reiterate...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:19 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

...how much I'm loving the voice talent so far. I've really enjoyed getting to hear more from the Exo Stranger in these last couple of trailers.

I gotta reiterate...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:33 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue
edited by bluerunner, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:12

...how much I'm loving the voice talent so far. I've really enjoyed getting to hear more from the Exo Stranger in these last couple of trailers.

I believe that's Lauren Cohan, aka Maggie Green on The Walking Dead.

I gotta reiterate...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:55 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

I believe that's Lauren Cohen, aka Maggie Green on The Walking Dead.

Ah, see, I've never seen that one, hence the lack of familiarity with the voice. :)

I gotta reiterate...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:09 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I believe that's Lauren Cohen, aka Maggie Green on The Walking Dead.

Ah, see, I've never seen that one, hence the lack of familiarity with the voice. :)

It's not the same anyway. She's American but grew up in the UK, so she's naturally got an English accent. On the show she's got a fake sounding southern accent. I let it slide because she's incredibly good looking.

Bungie's Voice Over Casting

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 18:51 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

So... Apparently Bungie is picking characters from current hit TV shows. Waiting for Walter White to be the voice of the mysterious hunter, or Jesse...

"Yo, become legend... Bitch"

Bungie's Voice Over Casting

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 19:12 (3547 days ago) @ Doooskey

So... Apparently Bungie is picking characters from current hit TV shows. Waiting for Walter White to be the voice of the mysterious hunter, or Jesse...

"Yo, become legend... Bitch"

Not just Bungie. Good ol' Daryl Dixon is the main character in the new Silent Hill.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/hideo-kojima-and-guillermo-del-toro-are-teaming-up-for-a-new-silent-hill

I love it...

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:07 (3546 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Indeed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:39 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

And I've loving that line of "It doesn't matter who you were, only what you will become." Though the "...but they've never seen anything like you." line is pretty chill inducing as well. In a heck yeah I'm awesome kind of way. :)

Dune Vibe Excitement

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:23 (3547 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

[image]

All I ever wanted.

This.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:31 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

If there are sandworms on Mars I'm going to freak out.

Also wish I could make my hunter's eyes blue-in-blue.

This.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:39 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

If there are sandworms on Mars I'm going to freak out.

[image]

I would, in fact, lose all reason if that happened.

Great shot of Phobos

by kapowaz, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:17 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

I wonder if it rotates in the skybox…?

Great shot of Phobos

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:20 (3547 days ago) @ kapowaz

My one complaint with the skyboxes, spectacular as they are, is how close everything is. Hazards of being an astronomy buff, I suppose. That said, the sky is much more interesting to look at than it would be in real life. :)

Great shot of Phobos

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:26 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

My one complaint with the skyboxes, spectacular as they are, is how close everything is. Hazards of being an astronomy buff, I suppose. That said, the sky is much more interesting to look at than it would be in real life. :)

Yeah, everything is closer, and on top of that the Moon now has the same gravity as the Earth. Imagine what that does to the tidal forces. I think the Traveler went too far with its tinkering and killed off everybody with crazy natural disasters caused by its meddling with planetary masses. Of course now it's playing like it's silent and broken and blames it all on this "Darkness", but I'm onto it. This is all the Traveler's fault.

Great shot of Phobos

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:30 (3547 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yeah, everything is closer, and on top of that the Moon now has the same gravity as the Earth. Imagine what that does to the tidal forces.

High tide is now an emperor tide. We're gonna need better boats.

Great shot of Phobos

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 13:43 (3547 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Mars' moon are just little stars passing by in real life. But, who's to say someone didn't push the moons much closer. Heck, we could pretend increased tidal forces helped thaw Mars or something! A thousand careful disasters and all that. :)

Such an optimist! :)

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 13:49 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Great shot of Phobos

by urk, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 16:48 (3547 days ago) @ kapowaz

:D

Phoborotation Confirmed.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 16:53 (3547 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

Dune Vibe Excitement

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 13:57 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

Best part about it is that its likely in game cutscenes, so that guardian on that hill... is going to be you.

Yes!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:01 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Oh

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:22 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:26

So Human lifespan tripled because the traveler brought Spice? Makes sense.

All I ever wanted.

I think I'd rather have HBO's Dune with twice the budget of GoT.

Oh

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:31 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is there a rumour?

Oh

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:59 (3547 days ago) @ DaDerga

Is there a rumour?

Everything is rumor until a press release.

Ah

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 16:46 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll take that as a no then.

So... CONFIRMED: Rumor about Rumor Rumored?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 16:48 (3547 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread