You Better Jump... Jump! (Destiny)

by Dan de Board @, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:03 (3547 days ago)

Getting around in Bungie games is usually a fun experience and that is certainly no different in Destiny. Vertical movement modes like Lift, Double Jump, Glide and the very sought after Blink have become integral parts of making the PVE and PVP experiences fast-paced and fun. Do you have a favourite already? Is there something you're interested in trying? Here's a refresher on the many jumps of Destiny:

Striker and Defender
Lift: Jump and press [Jump again] while in the air to activate Lift.
Increased Height: Upgrades Lift to travel to greater heights.
Increased Control: Upgrades Lift for better directional control while in the air.
Catapult: Upgrades Lift to provide a strong initial burst of momentum.

Gunslinger
Double Jump: Jump a second time after leaving the ground.
Better Control: Upgrades Double Jump for better directional control while in the air.
Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.
Higher Jump: Upgrades Double Jump for even greater height.

Bladedancer
Double Jump: Jump a second time after leaving the ground.
Higher Jump: Upgrades Double Jump for even greater height.
Better Control: Upgrades Double Jump for better directional control while in the air.
Blink: A short distance teleport that replaces Double Jump.

Voidwalker
Glide: Double jump in mid-air to activate glide.
Focused Control: Upgrades Glide for better directional control while in mid-air.
Focused Burst: Upgrades Glide to provide an initial burst of speed.
Blink: A short distance teleport that replaces Glide.

Sunsinger
Glide: Double jump in mid-air to activate glide.
Focused Control: Upgrades Glide for better directional control while in mid-air.
Focused Burst: Upgrades Glide to provide an initial burst of speed.
Balanced Glide: Upgrades Glide to provide bonuses to both speed and control.

For Titan, I'm more interested in control than the initial burst of momentum. For Gunslinger, I think the Triple Jump would be more useful in getting around the map easily. I'm definitely interested in Blink, but we'll have to wait and see how it works.

How are you moving up in the world of Destiny?

You Better Jump... Jump!

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:23 (3547 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I played with the Titan and I enjoyed the Lift because it reminded me of the jetpack from Halo 4. I thought the Jetpack from Halo 4 was an improvement over the one from REACH, specifically because it is more maneuverable.

So on that note, I would also like more maneuverability from the Titan lift. I feel like it puts you at a rough disadvantage if you get jumped on while using it. Some control (like a sudden drop or dash sideways) would be nice. However, I like it even without those additions.

You Better Jump... Jump!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 11:48 (3547 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I really love double jump because it's so quick. I've survived a lot of situations (especially in PvP) that I couldn't escape with Glide and Lift.

I am really interested in Blink though. It does make me pause to think that it'll replace my double jump, but we'll have to wait and see how much height you gain/maintain with blink.

You Better Jump... Jump!

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 18:42 (3547 days ago) @ Xenos

I really love double jump because it's so quick. I've survived a lot of situations (especially in PvP) that I couldn't escape with Glide and Lift.

I am really interested in Blink though. It does make me pause to think that it'll replace my double jump, but we'll have to wait and see how much height you gain/maintain with blink.

I was going to literally say both of these exact things. I LOVED Double Jump, esp for PVP, and I am super curious about how Blink will work.

It's a conspiracy...

by Velociraptor112, Places., Thursday, August 21, 2014, 12:08 (3547 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I'm probably going to be a Titan for the majority of the time I play Destiny, but the Bladedancer's 'Blink' interests me.

I've been playing Dishonored recently, and in that game, you have a power called 'Blink' as well. Except instead of teleporting, you move extremely quickly to wherever you wish.

Bethesda and Bungie are planning something....I know it. Attack of the B's? Oh, my.

You Better Jump... Jump!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 13:51 (3547 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I'm definitely interested in Blink, but we'll have to wait and see how it works.

It has a cooldown, 'cus balancing.

You Better Jump... Jump!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:00 (3547 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So does every other jumping type... kinda. You can only use it "once" between touches on the ground. I can't imagine that Blink moves you further than the other movement modes (as that'd be unfair at some point) or is used less often than the others. I figure it's just a quicker, more directional, slightly more disorienting for your enemy version of double jump.

You Better Jump... Jump!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 17:09 (3547 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So does every other jumping type... kinda. You can only use it "once" between touches on the ground. I can't imagine that Blink moves you further than the other movement modes (as that'd be unfair at some point) or is used less often than the others. I figure it's just a quicker, more directional, slightly more disorienting for your enemy version of double jump.

Just repeating what I saw on its Grimoire card. It seems those Beta Grimoires have been wiped by the way, so I can't screen cap.

Jumpin’ Lock Flash

by kapowaz, Friday, August 22, 2014, 05:20 (3547 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I didn't try a Warlock in the beta (I'm more keen on the visual aesthetic of Titans), but glide sounds very interesting. I'm going to have to give it a go, I think.

Jump, Jump, JUMP!

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:33 (3545 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Triple Jump sounds good to me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread