Are the Hive Fallen? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 25, 2014, 19:27 (3542 days ago)

Are the Hive Fallen?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, August 25, 2014, 19:50 (3542 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Could be. It's something that's been noticed for a long time but even with the Beta no new information for or against has come up. I'm of the opinion that there at least was a connection between the two races. Recall the five races image where a Hive looking figure is displaying the Fallen tendency of losing its soul through its head. I think either the two races were very connected in the past and Bungie has made them a bit more distinct as Destiny matured or they are very connected to each other even now but Bungie has kept that plot point largely hidden from us.

Are the Hive Fallen?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, August 25, 2014, 19:53 (3542 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm torn on this... I think it's a possibly interesting idea, but then again I don't know how much I want to see Bungie trod the familiar grounds of "potent enemy taken over by parasitic space zombie"

I could certainly lean towards that theory of the Hive and the Fallen--if related--faced an evolutionary split countless years ago. If the Fallen were at one time the receivers of the Traveler's light, then the darkness could have been the catalyst for the "corruption" that turned some of the Fallen into what we know as the Hive.

Mite be true

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, August 25, 2014, 20:19 (3542 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Subjective validation.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 10:19 (3541 days ago) @ Cody Miller

While it is an interesting observation, it would be unwise to put too much into it for now. This is one of the ways conspiracies start after all, where one thing is very much like something else and is therefore considered a de facto relation.

Subjective validation.

by yakaman, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 17:54 (3541 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

While it is an interesting observation, it would be unwise to put too much into it for now. This is one of the ways conspiracies start after all, where one thing is very much like something else and is therefore considered a de facto relation.

Except that the hand/arm similarities are almost exact. Further, I've read (though not seen) that a shrieker looks like a geared-up Servitor. I do not know if that is true though.

For my money, as exacting and reviewed as this game and its designs are, I cannot believe it is a coincidence.

Possible, but that's not a lot of evidence.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 18:18 (3541 days ago) @ Cody Miller

These two things have 2 (two!) similarities - they must be the same.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread