[UPDATE] Preloading For Destiny Confirmed on XB1 (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 09:32 (3531 days ago)

Just found this in the XB1 store on the Smartglass app:

[image]

Update: Microsoft confirms that the listing is accurate in a statement.

"We're thrilled to make Destiny available for pre-order and pre-download for Xbox One owners around the world. This option was available for a short period of time before the official pre-order window opened. We'll have more details to share soon about the pre-order and pre-download window for Destiny."

Preloading For Destiny Confirmed for XB1

by Lekku, Canada, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 09:43 (3531 days ago) @ Xenos

Sweet! That just made my day.

I'll be picking up that version of the game for sure.

Boo, not in Canada, yet.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:38 (3531 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

It is now.

by rhubarb, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:37 (3531 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

It is now.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:56 (3531 days ago) @ rhubarb

I can find the product but can't see pre-order details. Which product and how to check?

Now. Wait...now. Any second...now.

by rhubarb, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:31 (3531 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Apparently it's not ready. Lots of button pressing in a merry go round but no content.

Me too. :(

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:35 (3531 days ago) @ rhubarb

- No text -

[UPDATE] Preloading For Destiny Confirmed on XB1

by Basketball Coach Jim, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:41 (3531 days ago) @ Xenos

This is great, but if I go this route I have to wait four extra hours to play the game. I really want to play at 12:00 my time (AST).

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:46 (3531 days ago) @ Basketball Coach Jim

AST?

by Basketball Coach Jim, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:53 (3531 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Atlantic standard time.

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:10 (3530 days ago) @ Basketball Coach Jim

Hmmm, scary bad Internetz people.

by naturl selexion, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 15:51 (3530 days ago) @ Basketball Coach Jim

If the download is available early and if you believe what Bungie says, then having it preloaded will be the earliest possible way to play Destiny.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 15:53 (3530 days ago) @ naturl selexion

If the download is available early and if you believe what Bungie says, then having it preloaded will be the earliest possible way to play Destiny.

Well unfortunately DeeJ actually said that it's not up to them for digital copies. The digital copies get unlocked when the platform stores decide to unlock them:

[image]

by naturl selexion, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:13 (3530 days ago) @ Xenos

Wasn't Deej's reply to a question of when it could be downloaded?

They have made it pretty clear when we can play, there are two conditions.

1) that it is 9/9 "somewhere"
2) that we have the game

Are you saying that you may be able to have it downloaded and installed, yet not be able to play even though the servers are up and running?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:49 (3530 days ago) @ naturl selexion

They have made it pretty clear when we can play, there are two conditions.

1) that it is 9/9 "somewhere"
2) that we have the game

Are you saying that you may be able to have it downloaded and installed, yet not be able to play even though the servers are up and running?

Yes that's what I'm saying. Unfortunately in this case both Playstation and Microsoft are our "retailers" so it's up them to decide when we have "access" to the game. So we have the game but like all pre-loading services they encrypt your copy of the game until the game is available, and they as the retailer decide when it's unlocked. Pre-loading is allowed, but all indications so far suggest that both on PSN and XBL the digital copies won't actually unlock until midnight PDT. Both pages for Destiny indicate this on both stores: "Xbox One Game expected to release on 9/9/2014. You may download the game from Xbox Live before then, but it will not be playable until 12:01 AM PDT/3:01 AM EDT on the release date." &: "Pre-Order now and gear up for day one with a special Vanguard Player Emblem and early access to the Vanguard Armory weapons. Play the game on 9/9 starting midnight PST." Notice these messages are not affected by timezone as I do not live in pacific time zone. Also it's the precedent they've set with past games on PSN, the games typically do not unlock until midnight PT.

All of this COULD change, but it's up to Microsoft and Playstation to make the decision.

by naturl selexion, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:57 (3530 days ago) @ Xenos

You could be right, but also that text about when it is available could be generic and not apply in Destiny's case.

At any rate, for those on the west coast, there is no way to play any earlier - unless you have a physical disc a day early.

P.S.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:57 (3530 days ago) @ naturl selexion

Deej was responding to this question:

"Deej, can you please clarify why the ps store is showing midnight PST? I want to make sure that if I preorder digital, I can play at midnight my time."

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:45 (3531 days ago) @ Xenos

I sort of want to do this, but I sort of don't want to cancel my Amazon pre-order either, just on principal. Hmmm...

Hold on... need new pants :D

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 19:51 (3530 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 09:59 (3530 days ago) @ Xenos

And now it's officially official; Destiny Available for Pre-Order and Pre-Download on Xbox One.

-- Steve hopes this helps some folks.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread