Thanks for the great PAX! (Off-Topic)

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 14:42 (3524 days ago)

I met a lot of DBO'ers at PAX and everyone was super nice.

Special shout-out to Paddy for helping me snag tickets and to Duncan for arranging the meet-up on Saturday which was super fun. My only regret is not talking to more people and having to leave early to catch my bus across the lake. I bowled with some really nice Halo fans.

At one point on Sunday I randomly found some TSD folks waiting in line to play Halo and they chanted "Marmot! Marmot! Marmot!"--it made me feel loved.

I looked around for people on Monday but didn't see anyone I knew. I saw a bunch of random people at the airport early Tuesday with their PAX swag.

Cody had his name on the PAX meetup list so I was looking forward to meeting him, but I guess that was just a cruel joke.

So, if you haven't been to PAX, it is a crazy experience. I highly recommend it.

Even more off-topic: I also met a lot of cool people since I used airbnb to find a place to stay. Many of them were moving into Seattle and just needed a place to sleep for a night or two. This was cool because I am strongly considering moving up there in May or June after I graduate, and I made quite a few promising contacts.

Enough OT, back to Destiny news...

Thanks for the great PAX!

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 22:33 (3523 days ago) @ marmot 1333

It was really great seeing so many of you this weekend as well! As a bunch of you found out at PAX, I was the Enforcer Exhibitor Assistant working with Microsoft, so I got a chance to meet many awesome DBOers, not to mention this random guy:

[image]

I think he had something to do with Halo, or whatever, I dunno. Maybe the music? :D

Great meeting you!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 03, 2014, 23:56 (3523 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

You too!

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 07:10 (3523 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread