Remote play on the Vita (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:30 (3544 days ago)

Playstation Blog shows off remote play on the PS Vita.

The control scheme actually seems to work pretty well and it still looks beautiful... Did anybody try this during the beta? Anyone planning on doing it going forward?

Remote play on the Vita

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:35 (3544 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Playstation Blog shows off remote play on the PS Vita.

The control scheme actually seems to work pretty well and it still looks beautiful... Did anybody try this during the beta? Anyone planning on doing it going forward?

I tried it, it plays great, but there is still the underlying issue: the sticks are not accurate enough and you have to use touch controls for some actions.

I think it'd be perfect for trips to the Tower, though.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:36 (3544 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I tried it during the alpha

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:36 (3544 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Here is some video captured from the PS4 while I remote played with a Vita

I wouldn't want to do anything other than explore or wandering around the tower with it though. Not nearly as easy to control.

Agreed.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:38 (3544 days ago) @ Kermit

What I am really looking forward to is being able to play on a different TV without having to move my PS4 using the Vita TV.

Agreed.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:43 (3544 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, I've been looking forward to the $100 Playstation TV that will let me play in the living room or bedroom without having to move anything.

So far they have only said it will work with "most" PS4 games, but I suppose if Destiny remote play works fine on the vita, there is no reason it shouldn't work on the PSTV.

I tried it during the alpha

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:44 (3544 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Nice. Good to know it works, but that it's probably not worth buying a Vita just for this.

it's worth buying a vita regardless

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 05, 2014, 08:50 (3544 days ago) @ Speedracer513

So many good games.

I've played more Spelunky and Oli Oli than most of my other consoles

Relevant.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 05, 2014, 13:44 (3543 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread