Spreadsheet Request -Time Zone. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 05, 2014, 10:31 (3543 days ago)

I would do it myself, but since I didn't make it - I don't want to screw it up. Could we add a slot for general time zone?

For example - even though I would love to play with Blue_Blazer_NZ, seeing as said person lives under a 16 Hour time difference then I, it would be unlikely for me to play with such. I don't know the general time difference for everyone, so this would be nice to have.

Here is a Time Zone Map.

Later on - It would be nice to have a slot to add what kind of EPIC gear you have for your three characters and all that. This would help with the collaboration process with raids and what not. On the flip side, since all can see it, part of me wonders if this idea would be too much of a good thing.

Spreadsheet Request -Time Zone.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 05, 2014, 10:46 (3543 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I like the idea but I think a 'prime playing time' category could be more useful. I may be Central US, but I play at odd hours of the night often, so the time zone doesn't help clarify anything.

Sounds good to me

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 05, 2014, 10:49 (3543 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Someone just did it. :)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, September 05, 2014, 11:09 (3543 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Spreadsheet Request -Time Zone.

by Zero @, Florida, Friday, September 05, 2014, 11:27 (3543 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Working on it now. I've set it up so you can see what your timezone is relative to UTC when you put it on the spreadsheet via hyperlink to the time zone map. For playable time like Levi suggested, how about just putting down what portion of the day you're able to play? For example: night, evening, morning, afternoon, midday, and late night just to start it off.

I would have liked to set it up so it would do some real fancy time zone conversion, but that's a bit beyond me at the current time. Anyone else is welcome to try.

However, there was a bit of a problem. Someone decided to filter the spreadsheet to show only those who will own it on the PS4 (and not undo their changes), doing that destroyed a bit of formatting in the process. I've fixed it, but let's not do that again. At the very least if you do remember to undo your changes.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread