Digital copy on 360 (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 08, 2014, 14:25 (3540 days ago)

I'm looking to take advantage of that "free upgrade" deal. Has anyone seen/heard any confirmation of when it'll be available? Hoping I can download it tonight or tomorrow morning first thing.

Digital copy on 360

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 08, 2014, 14:30 (3540 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

3 a.m. EDT at the earliest is my bet (heh, I first typed "bed," which is where I'll be). I'll be checking after midnight just in case.

Probably early morning Pacific Time.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 14:31 (3540 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

On the 360 marketplace, all newly released content gets pushed out at around 3am Pacific Time, give or take a few half-hours.

I'm hoping for a Midnight Pacific release this time around, but it's unlikely.

Digital copy on 360

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:21 (3539 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'm pretty sure the time others posted is correct.

Are you working that day or taking the day off? Asking because you might be worried about being able to start the download before leaving for work. If that's the case, you could leave your 360 on, buy the game via the web once it becomes available, and it should start downloading and installing on the 360 at home. Of course, that assumes that you can access the XBL marketplace from work, and that you trust your 360 to not burn the house down.

Digital copy on 360

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 08, 2014, 17:35 (3539 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm pretty sure the time others posted is correct.

Are you working that day or taking the day off? Asking because you might be worried about being able to start the download before leaving for work. If that's the case, you could leave your 360 on, buy the game via the web once it becomes available, and it should start downloading and installing on the 360 at home. Of course, that assumes that you can access the XBL marketplace from work, and that you trust your 360 to not burn the house down.

I took tomorrow and Wednesday off.

So It IS Digital Only? No Disc Whatsoever?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 07:19 (3538 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

The Q&A is all types of vague and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. I do want to buy the Ghost Edition, but it sounds like that might exclude me from the offer, expansion pack or not.

(Hey, lawsuit or no lawsuit, I can't pass up this deal!)

So It IS Digital Only? No Disc Whatsoever?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 07:48 (3538 days ago) @ Morpheus

The Q&A is all types of vague and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. I do want to buy the Ghost Edition, but it sounds like that might exclude me from the offer, expansion pack or not.

You are correct. You will not get the free digital upgrade with the Xbox 360 Ghost Edition. You will get a free copy of the Expansion Pass for Xbox One, since you're redeeming a code for the digital content.

The FAQ does give this nice disclaimer under the section about "when you buy limited/ghost edition on 360":

A physical or digital Xbox One version of the Destiny game will be required to play this content on Xbox One, sold separately.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread