Where Halo 4 and Destiny collide (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 01:41 (3528 days ago)

So this evening was fairly hectic. By some epic conspiracy, nearly all Best Buys, Wal-Marts and, gasp, GameStops within two cities were sold out of Xbox Ones. The plan was to get the Xbox One with Destiny free. I don't shop at GameStop and have managed not to do so since 2010. The only way I was getting Destiny by midnight was if I could somehow find a GameStop that had an Xbox One in stock.

Eight GameStops and two cities later, I was able to find one. They were cool enough to let me purchase this rare loot gaming device hours ahead of midnight, but I still had to wait until midnight for Destiny.

They also were hosting a 1v1 Halo 4 tournament. Don't ask me why, what with it not being a Bungie Halo game and all, but I figured I would compete. Now if any of you know what I think about Halo 4 or have ever read my stuff at HBO, I'm not a very big fan of H4 to say the least. I swallowed my pride and let myself compete in a Halo 4 tournament that was very, very intense and extremely fun. There were 32 gamers total, all 1v1ing and advancing on or going back outside for a long wait until midnight.

There were some really serious competitors there, and after three hours of some pretty insane games that came down to the wire, I ended up winning the whole thing. I had an absolute blast, and I'm really glad I competed and hung out with a bunch of really cool people all evening.

And now, with the Super Moon high above, it's time to begin my journey into Destiny. What an awesome evening. If anyone else has some fun or neat midnight launch stories, feel free to post 'em up! See you all Starside! :D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread