Gold Chest Question. Immediately or Wait? (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 00:38 (3527 days ago)

I've seen tips to wait to open Gold Chests for when I'm a higher level since the gear they output matches the level when you open it.

But I've also seen tips to open the Gold Chests when you find them as they don't actually level with you.

Which is it?

Gold Chest Question. Immediately or Wait?

by manti452, Dublin, Ireland, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 01:21 (3527 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Kokatu says they don't level with you where Engrams do..

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 01:36 (3527 days ago) @ manti452

Kokatu says they don't level with you where Engrams do..

and IGN contradicts that. So just wondering what the actual case is. Told my fireteam last night to stay their hand but now wondering what the deal is.

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 04:42 (3527 days ago) @ kidtsunami

The LE Strategy Guide says the chests do NOT level. I'd take that as the end all be all.

Didn't level in the beta

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 06:34 (3526 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 08:30 (3526 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I opened a gold chest on the moon last night while I was level 12, and I got a level 4 green gun. Doesn't seem like it scaled with my level or the mission level...

you can see the lvl on lower lvl items?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 08:31 (3526 days ago) @ kanbo

I feel like once I reach the level of an item I don't see the level anymore.

you can see the lvl on lower lvl items?

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 09:14 (3526 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yeah, it still shows the level, but not in a red warning-ish manner.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread