Soooo... Alien weapon engrams/crafting, mb? (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 06:05 (3526 days ago)

So I'm still stuck on this.

The indication was that there will be something new in the Tower we haven't heard/seen yet. Bear in mind I've only just made it to Venus, only just unlocked the Reef, but haven't visited. So it's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that this already has an answer that is just waiting for me.

But my thought was an alien weapon vendor, or Cryptarch of sorts. I figured that maybe we'd see alien weapon engrams drop on the rare occasion, or that we'd have to collect a thousand widgets of this or that kind to be able to have one crafted. There are definitely a few Fallen weapons I'd love to get my hands on. Haven't met the Cabal yet, but I expect they've got some hardware I'd like to use, too.

Just wanted to see what you all think. Let's try to avoid spoilers if we can, thx.

~m

Soooo... Alien weapon engrams/crafting, mb?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 07:16 (3526 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm guessing there are still features that have yet to be made available, including crafting. We certainly are piling up resources that as yet have very little use.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 09:07 (3526 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I'm guessing there are still features that have yet to be made available, including crafting. We certainly are piling up resources that as yet have very little use.

I had a piece of armor that needed plasteel to upgrade. I'd expect the higher level weapons to require more and more stuff.. .but don't know yet. I've only gotten maybe one purple ANYTHING so far.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 10:11 (3526 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I had a piece of armor that needed plasteel to upgrade. I'd expect the higher level weapons to require more and more stuff.. .but don't know yet.

Ah, that could be what I'm missing. I hadn't thought of materials being needed in order to do upgrades.

I've only gotten maybe one purple ANYTHING so far.

You're further than me. I've yet to acquire a Rare (not counting emblems).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread