Tips to make your life easier (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 15:17 (3523 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 15:20

1. Bounties are a super good way to level your weapons. Any equipped gear will progress when you turn in bounties, so make sure you are wearing what you want to advance.

2. Have 3 fusion rifles at all times, one of each element, preferably with a high range stat. These shred enemy shields. I see tons of people shooting shielded enemies with their primary. Just use the appropriate fusion rifle to drop shields (often in one shot), then hammer away with your primary. Think of them like Elites in Halo, and let the Fusion Rifle act as your Plasma Pistol. You'd be surprised how far away this will work from with a high range stat while scoped.

2.5 A solar sniper is handy for the Hive Wizards. Fallen captains and shielded Cabal you can typically get close enough to to use a fusion rifle.

3. I find stability to be the most useful stat on a weapon, but your milage may vary. I just find being able to get another headshot quickly more useful in the long run than more damage or faster reloads. Most weapons will have scopes that add stability at a penalty to other things.

4. Don't skip picking up engrams; you can use them for parts even if you don't want it.

5. Stack intellect and discipline. Forget about strength.

6. Do not use ammo packs while you are dead! They don't work, but you still lose the pack.

7. To go from Heavy to special in one go, double tap triangle.

Tips to make your life easier

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 15:21 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

#2!

I'm surprised how many people seem to dislike the fusion rifle or dismantle or store all but their favorite of each weapon type. Good comparison to the plasma pistol. I used to not care for it either.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 06:22 (3523 days ago) @ Kermit

#2!

I'm surprised how many people seem to dislike the fusion rifle or dismantle or store all but their favorite of each weapon type. Good comparison to the plasma pistol. I used to not care for it either.

I've had the same amount of success dropping an enemy's shields with a sniper rifle of the correct type. One shot and those shields are history. Follow-up with a single-tap to the brain-pan for the kill.

I've pretty much started keeping multiple copies of my favorite weapon types, one for each damage type, so I can switch as necessary. The time it's a little slow and cumbersome is when I'm facing, say, a Fallen Captain with an arc shield and a Vex Minotaur with a void shield. (Personally, I'd love to find a Legendary weapon at some point down the road that can toggle between two different damage types. /pipedream)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 15:46 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But, but...my throwing knife!

Gonna have to disagree with that tip...

by Dan de Board @, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 16:24 (3523 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

As a Defender Titan, having high Strength is very important to guarantee your suvivability. The Magnet and Surpressor grenades are good, but not worth stacking Discipline.

Gonna have to disagree with that tip...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:00 (3523 days ago) @ Dan de Board

As a Defender Titan, having high Strength is very important to guarantee your suvivability. The Magnet and Surpressor grenades are good, but not worth stacking Discipline.

Yup. That barrier fuels the murder.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 06:23 (3523 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

But, but...my throwing knife!

Agreed. I stack heavy on the Strength stat because I love having my knife come back up so frequently. I prefer it to my grenade more often than not.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 16:21 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A solar sniper is handy for the Hive Wizards.

I can confirm that; I have a 79 solar sniper and can fairly consistantly two-shot Wizards (on the Sword mission) as a level 10 Hunter.

-- Steve loves that rifle.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 19:08 (3523 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I have a 79 Solar Fusion Rifle and can take out wizards with 2-3 shots from that as well.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 19:49 (3523 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Got to level 11 and suddenly I could one-shot level 9 Wizards with that rifle if it was a head shot.

-- Steve likes this rifle very much. preciousss...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 17:23 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Bounties are a super good way to level your weapons. Any equipped gear will progress when you turn in bounties, so make sure you are wearing what you want to advance.

Same thing for your "2nd" subclass after you switch at level 15. Each bounty will let you select another skill (so you're not missing double jump and grenade as a level 15 bad ass for instance)

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 05:28 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just started using my fusion rifle last night and loving it. Because I have been using my sniper so much though I keep forgetting what I have equipped though.

Trying to get better at that.

A Few More

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Friday, September 12, 2014, 01:34 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

On higher level strike missions, heroics, and nightfalls - COMMUNICATE. You have got to communicate and be a tight team. Especially when trying to res in a firefight.

Grinding patrol missions for rep is faster than grinding the Vanguard Strike Playlist for rep. Especially if you're grinding as a fireteam. Use the patrol missions as a time to level your other subclass. Use the Vanguard Playlist for farming Marks.

Upgrading Legendary Armor pieces' Defense also upgrades their Light stat.

Bladedancer > Gunslinger in PVE, vice versa in PVP.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread