Cosmodrome - Bunker RAS-2, King's Watch, The Grottos, etc. (Destiny)

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 19:06 (3523 days ago)

There are a whole bunch of zones in Old Russia that feel like they're missing, incomplete, cut, or were moved to DLC. It's kind of frustrating to enter a named area only to be immediately blocked by a closed door, unable to determine its purpose.

Why are they here?

Cosmodrome - Bunker RAS-2, King's Watch, The Grottos, etc.

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 19:35 (3523 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I'm under the impression that a significant amount of content was simply cut out to be resold as DLC or implemented in the future.

It's kind of frustrating.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 20:22 (3523 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I'm under the impression that a significant amount of content was simply cut out to be resold as DLC or implemented in the future.

Especially since it's in the game data. People glitched past those doors to find populated areas in the Beta. It had better not be unlocked via DLC.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:42 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is possible that it could come as free updates instead of DLC. The original contract only said expansion packs I'm pretty sure, nothing about other paid area DLC. I doubt much of what's on the disc, if anything, is being held for something as far off as an expansion pack. It'd be day-one DLC or already announced if it's there and going to be paid. I may not like Activision, but they aren't nearly as bad as EA with this kind of shit.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 01:28 (3523 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I bet it's more frustrating for them. Creating something and not having the time to polish every single thing to the level of quality you're willing to ship is infuriating. Probably is more infuriating when people insinuate it's cut to be resold as DLC.

by DerekT07, Tennessee, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 20:04 (3523 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

From the 1.0.1 patch notes:

Work is already underway on upcoming patches. Some will contain new content, some will contain the next round of improvements, and some will undoubtedly react to issues that you - the playerbase - will uncover in the coming weeks.
We're just getting started.

(Bold added) I took this to be talking about those areas in some cases. Might not end up being true, but it's a good thing to hope for in my opinion.

by NotTheVacuum, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 04:28 (3523 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I thought this when I got into the area of the Moon Strike, but then there was a Moon Strike, and that area all of the sudden had a purpose. Maybe future strikes/raids?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread