Dreams of Alpha Lupi (Destiny)

by Durandal, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 08:56 (3523 days ago)

I've got a few lore cards with the title "Dreams of Alpha Lupi" The alpha wolf.

It is pretty clear these are the memories or dreams of the traveler herself, and Rasputin's destination of her as ISIS may be correct.
She flits from star to star, nurturing civilizations seemingly for the pure desire to do so:

-Ghost Fragment: The Traveler
"You have lived as invisibly as possible, flicking from solar system to solar system, making grand plans, overseeing the culturing of civilizations, before leaving in a blink. But you have no recollection of ever wanting worship or even thanks from those blessed by you."

She sees these civilizations as her children, and in her fear of the Darkness sought refuge with them.

As we see in some of the Hive quests and text, the Hive have followed the Darkness as it destroyed thousands of worlds and civilizations, recording their demise in the "Grave of Worlds".

Did the Traveler leave humanity during the late golden age, only to return when she discovered her pursuer? Is her communication with the war minds of mankind why we had contingency plans for a "SKYSHOCK" event?
Were any prior civilizations she nurtured left to aid her and us? Is that where the Awoken were fleeing?

Why did Rasputin covertly put an antimatter WMD (Ghost fragment Old Russia) into orbit as part of SECURE ISIS? And why did he have to do it covertly? Was the Darkness already monitoring humanity? Or the Traveler?

If he knew the magnitude of the threat, and it is clear from the invocation of "RAGNAROK" that he had some idea, why not a general muster of Humanity?

Does anyone else have "Dreams of Alpha Lupi" cards?

Dreams of Alpha Lupi

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 09:55 (3523 days ago) @ Durandal

I've got a few lore cards with the title "Dreams of Alpha Lupi" The alpha wolf.

It is pretty clear these are the memories or dreams of the traveler herself, and Rasputin's destination of her as ISIS may be correct.
She flits from star to star, nurturing civilizations seemingly for the pure desire to do so:

-Ghost Fragment: The Traveler
"You have lived as invisibly as possible, flicking from solar system to solar system, making grand plans, overseeing the culturing of civilizations, before leaving in a blink. But you have no recollection of ever wanting worship or even thanks from those blessed by you."

She sees these civilizations as her children, and in her fear of the Darkness sought refuge with them.

As we see in some of the Hive quests and text, the Hive have followed the Darkness as it destroyed thousands of worlds and civilizations, recording their demise in the "Grave of Worlds".

Did the Traveler leave humanity during the late golden age, only to return when she discovered her pursuer? Is her communication with the war minds of mankind why we had contingency plans for a "SKYSHOCK" event?
Were any prior civilizations she nurtured left to aid her and us? Is that where the Awoken were fleeing?

Why did Rasputin covertly put an antimatter WMD (Ghost fragment Old Russia) into orbit as part of SECURE ISIS? And why did he have to do it covertly? Was the Darkness already monitoring humanity? Or the Traveler?

If he knew the magnitude of the threat, and it is clear from the invocation of "RAGNAROK" that he had some idea, why not a general muster of Humanity?

Does anyone else have "Dreams of Alpha Lupi" cards?

I have one for Jupiter. It is the exact quote from the Signal Recieved desktop. So yes, I think you are right. These are the dreams of The Traveler. Your The Traveler card is very reminicent of some of those other quotes too. Very interesting!

Even the largest boddy lets itself be pushed where it needs to be, seduced into nice, warm loving orbits. Persitance is the key. Seafloors transform then yank themselves skyward, shattering the icy crust. New worlds awaken in the swirling depths. You build homes around this half-born sun ripped by storms and supersonic winds.

Dreams of Alpha Lupi

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Friday, September 12, 2014, 06:50 (3522 days ago) @ Durandal

I have a couple of these, but I don't think I have the same ones as you. Some of the stuff you're talking about means nothing to me. It might be that I don't have the cards, or I missed some interesting information in playing through the story. Particularly the Rasputin stuff.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread