Gathering Glimmer. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:29 (3523 days ago)

I'm routinely at the low end of 1000. Game-play Pointers anyone? No monotonous "glitch grind" stuff please.

Stop spending?

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:31 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I have a shopping habit :P

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:38 (3523 days ago) @ kanbo

- No text -

Upgrades.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:43 (3523 days ago) @ kanbo

They don't buy themselves. I like to get/upgrade better weapons as I level up (presuming I haven't received a weapon I like just from playing). Helps keep things moving smoothly.

Upgrades.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 11:50 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Eh, not sure how you're so broke then. I bought 95% of the upgrades I unlocked and was sitting on about 9000 Glimmer when I hit 20 and bought a couple of Shaders. I only bought one Engram(?) for a Titan ass-cape and a shotgun at level 5 though. For the most part I don't think buying gear is worth it unless you happen upon something really good. At least not for quite a while when you can actually buy faction gear.

Your overall performance does matter, I was consistently getting about 50% more kills minimum compared to the randoms in my Fireteam when I joined some. Other than that all I'd recommend is using the Glimmer doublers when they make sense if you don't want to grind. Attacking a races area and whatever.

Those glitter consumables.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:44 (3523 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Today I had 200 glimmer, played for 2 hours and have 4500. They do wonders.

^This. Use the Glimmer Consumables

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 14:28 (3523 days ago) @ Funkmon

Also, check out the "Advisors" section on your Bungie.net profile - it will let you know what bounties are up, plus where to go to get bonus drops from resource nodes to trade in.

Gathering Glimmer.

by Thiassi, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:35 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Use one of those "fallen glimmer" consumables and do the 3 part wave mission on the earth strike and just die on the mini boss and repeat until your consumable runs out. Easy least 2k glimmer or so.

I found that was the fastest way for me. But the consumables are great. If you can find a busy spot with vex, thatd probably be even better since they're so numerous.

Gathering Glimmer.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:55 (3523 days ago) @ Thiassi

Use one of those "fallen glimmer" consumables and do the 3 part wave mission on the earth strike and just die on the mini boss and repeat until your consumable runs out. Easy least 2k glimmer or so.

I found that was the fastest way for me. But the consumables are great. If you can find a busy spot with vex, thatd probably be even better since they're so numerous.

The consumables really do the trick, along with turning in engrams. Sometimes they provide bonus glimmer. Best thing though is don't spend it on big ticket items. Weapons and armor you'll find in the field.

But hey, nothing wrong with buying that big fancy ship amirite folks

Gathering Glimmer.

by Thiassi, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 10:59 (3523 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You can always buy one of the legendary faction bonds to gain their rep for 2.5k

Gathering Glimmer.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 11:38 (3523 days ago) @ Thiassi

Use one of those "fallen glimmer" consumables

Even better once you've killed enough of a certain type of enemy to unlock "Bonus Glimmer on Kill".

Vandal - 750
Shank - 375
Dreg - 1000

Gathering Glimmer.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:39 (3523 days ago) @ Thiassi

are you talking about the underground part where the hallway is blocked by lasers, and you have to wait for dinklage to hack it?

Gathering Glimmer.

by Thiassi, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 13:47 (3523 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Yup, thats the place

Gathering Glimmer.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 11:56 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What others have said:

Don't spend glimmer on anything except weapon ammo packs, upgrading your guns, or the class item to get faction points.

I've got about 8K at any given moment.

Also, you should frequently use the consumables such as the Wax Idol that give you addition glimmer from enemies.

question

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:34 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do the consumables that increase glimmer drops work for the whole fireteam, or just yourself?

question

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:48 (3523 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Dunno for certain, but since loot drops are individual I'd gather the bonuses would be solely for the player too.

-- Steve'll probably find out for himself this weekend.

Gathering Glimmer Consumables.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 13:07 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Posts have been noted. So where should I go to get consumables? I have about 6 or 5 things for the hive - so I'll try that, but once its gone its gone.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 13:23 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It seems like I get the consumable for the Fallen by killing Vandals, but I'm not sure.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 16:42 (3523 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

They will also appear in enemy-specific loot chest, as far as I noticed.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 11, 2014, 19:05 (3523 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Enemy-specific loot chests? Whaaaaaat? Where do you find those?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread