LIVE EVENTS section on B.net -> Advisors (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, September 12, 2014, 03:49 (3524 days ago)

This section is currently showing that "XÛR has arrived in The Tower... for now..."

I wish the companion app would toss out an alert when new public/special events were happening. Wasn't the companion app supposed to be much more than what we have? I seem to remember a video showing some example usage from a long time ago, but my memory is foggy.

As of now, I don't see anywhere in the app that denotes XÛR's presence.

Actually, XÛR kinda is on the companion app

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, September 12, 2014, 04:01 (3524 days ago) @ JDQuackers

His symbol is off the map in the Tower section, and he has no inventory... But at least he isn't forgotten! I guess there is hope that the app will be more useful some day

http://imgur.com/dtF4vGk,VEqOjqv#1

(He's that little blue symbol on the upper left corner of the map)

Actually, XÛR kinda is on the companion app

by Lekku, Canada, Friday, September 12, 2014, 05:43 (3524 days ago) @ JDQuackers

His symbol is off the map in the Tower section, and he has no inventory... But at least he isn't forgotten! I guess there is hope that the app will be more useful some day

http://imgur.com/dtF4vGk,VEqOjqv#1

(He's that little blue symbol on the upper left corner of the map)

I noticed he was there this morning by checking the app. When you go to the tower view if you have a current vendor selected hit the 'X' in the top right corner. Then a banner appeared that said the agent of nine was somewhere in the tower.

Anyone find XUR? (Updated with possible location)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 12, 2014, 06:04 (3524 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by kidtsunami, Friday, September 12, 2014, 06:12

I checked in the basement of the hangar and came up empty. had some business to attend to on the moon, so didn't search for too long.

Oh apparently in the "Crucible area"? (thanks hedge for retweeting this)
[image]

Anyone find XUR?

by Lekku, Canada, Friday, September 12, 2014, 06:14 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I found him hanging out next to the Crucible Quartermaster when I went to the tower, he was to the left of him hanging back in an alcove.

I actually ran right past him the first time through that area. :)

Anyone find XUR? (Updated with possible location)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 12, 2014, 08:38 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I checked in the basement of the hangar and came up empty. had some business to attend to on the moon, so didn't search for too long.

Oh apparently in the "Crucible area"? (thanks hedge for retweeting this)
[image]

I bought that helmet. It's really sweet for a blade dancer hunter. Melees are faster, and each attack uses less super energy. You can get huge huge combos with this thing potentially.

LIVE EVENTS section on B.net -> Advisors

by Thiassi, Friday, September 12, 2014, 08:47 (3524 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I can't play until Sunday night... What currency does he accept? And do you need any rep to buy from him?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 12, 2014, 09:22 (3524 days ago) @ Thiassi

From what I could tell, the weapons need "strange coins" and the armor needs "motes of light." I think you needed about 15 or so of each, and I only have 1 of each, so I didn't buy anything.

Is anyone able to clarify what specific activities reward those currencies? I think I might have gotten my strange coin from turning in another item which I obtained from a strike, but I have no recollection of getting a mote of light.

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, September 12, 2014, 11:29 (3524 days ago) @ stabbim

From what I could tell, the weapons need "strange coins" and the armor needs "motes of light." I think you needed about 15 or so of each, and I only have 1 of each, so I didn't buy anything.

Is anyone able to clarify what specific activities reward those currencies? I think I might have gotten my strange coin from turning in another item which I obtained from a strike, but I have no recollection of getting a mote of light.

Aside from accumulating XP after level 20, Motes of Light are sometimes randomly awarded from engrams.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread