Born to the purple (DBO)

by scarab @, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 00:06 (3524 days ago)

I know that Claude is so busy he hasn't even put disk in drive...

but is there anyone else who could make empty post links purple like read post links?

When I scan a thread for unread posts I see the blues of empty posts and then do a double take. Oh it's blue because there is no point on clicking on it.

It makes it more work to distinguish between things I should click on and things that I should not.

I bet that there is an if statement (or two) that just needs tweaked to do this. Does anyone else have access to the code?

I know it's perry but I am sometimes obliged by my own hangups to click empty posts to make an entire thread purple.

Born to the purple

by Veegie, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 00:50 (3524 days ago) @ scarab

I usually click the "Open whole thread" button to satisfy the same thing.
Everything must be purple!

Born to the purple

by scarab @, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 00:54 (3524 days ago) @ Veegie

I usually click the "Open whole thread" button to satisfy the same thing.

But what if I miss a genuine blue by doing that, I have to really really check that there are no legitimate blues in a long thread.

Everything must be purple!

Yes! The Covenant were right about something. ;-)

Personally, I prefer Yelo

by kornman00, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 09:58 (3523 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Working as intended

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 01:51 (3524 days ago) @ scarab

Two considerations:

1) If new *NM* posts were to show up automatically as old posts, then there's no way to know if you've seen them or not. Sometimes the thread structure can get complicated and it's nice to know WHAT is new, even if it's just a *NM* post.

2) Just click the little cloud dealy-bob next to the *NM* when you read it and the forum will mark it "read" for you automatically!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread