LEGENDARY ENGRAM OMG *decrypt* (Destiny)

by spidersVise ⌂, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:04 (3523 days ago)

Two motes of light.

My first legendary engram.

And I get two motes of light.

http://i.imgur.com/gAwvke6.jpg

Pictured: My face.

I want to break something.

Anyone else get swindled like this?

LEGENDARY ENGRAM OMG *decrypt*

by car15, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:05 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

Hey, at least you broke even.

by spidersVise ⌂, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:13 (3523 days ago) @ car15

Actually after I finished seething I noticed I leveled up the cryptarch rep, and he gave me a package with three blue engrams. Got a strange coin, a green rubbish rifle, and a new scout rifle better than my old one, so it worked out!

Also I love the fact that all the weapons do the same damage in multi, 'cause that means I can use the Khvostov again and actually be competent. I love the look of that crappy old gun, cracked holo sight and all.

Love that gun too

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:20 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

Unfortunately it just has crummy accuracy and no perks.

Final Array on Hard with (mostly) Khvostov *vid link*

by rhubarb, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:44 (3523 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

I've been using it since the beginning. Level 13 and still going.

http://1drv.ms/1m2ENE4

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:55 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

It's happened to me a few times. Some snazzy stuff can be bought with them though, including an exotic engram!

Well... when you have 23... I'm pretty sure it's 23.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:23 (3523 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

It's happened to me a few times. Some snazzy stuff can be bought with them though, including an exotic engram!

Do you know the possibilities for an exotic engram? As in can it only contain exotic items or others? Like when you look at a Legendary engram it can contain Exotic, Legendary, Rare, and I think even Uncommon.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:34 (3523 days ago) @ Xenos

Do you know the possibilities for an exotic engram? As in can it only contain exotic items or others? Like when you look at a Legendary engram it can contain Exotic, Legendary, Rare, and I think even Uncommon.

I'm unsure myself. I'll be buying one after I get another 5 motes!

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:42 (3523 days ago) @ Xenos

Pretty sure it just has a chance at an Exotic item. As well as better chances of rare and legendary stuff.

Motes of a light are cool to get anyway. I wish I had more so I could buy Red Death from Xur before he disappears again.

Can Confirm

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:19 (3521 days ago) @ Xenos

Only exotic, but it's for a random class. You may not get something you can equip with the character you used to buy it.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:03 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

My first Legendary engram decoded into a Rare armour piece... that wasn't as good as the one I was wearing. Oh well.

-- Steve found it weird that the Legendary dropped when he was just scooting around Old Russia. (Really wanted to see King's Watch, y'know?)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:18 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

Two motes of light.

My first legendary engram.

And I get two motes of light.

http://i.imgur.com/gAwvke6.jpg

Pictured: My face.

I want to break something.

Anyone else get swindled like this?

Oh I got it worse. My first legendary engram was a bad rare machine gun!

by Thiassi, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:22 (3523 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've had it happen as well. I believe your cryptarch rank should improve your chances...

by nash, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 18:58 (3523 days ago) @ Thiassi

I've had it happen as well. I believe your cryptarch rank should improve your chances...

I've heard this both ways several times now. Is the quality of the decrypted items tied more to the cryptarch's level or to your character's level??

by HavokBlue, California, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:36 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

Just got my first legendary engram, decrypted into a bad level 18 blue auto rifle.

I've got three now...

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 19:42 (3523 days ago) @ spidersVise

First, just some random upgrade equipment stuff. I forget.

Second, a Legendary Gauntlet! Sweet! For Titan... and I'm playing as a Hunter... guess I'll have to make a Titan character now.

Third, a Legendary Scout Rifle from Dead Orbit. Its nice :)

I've got three now...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 19:53 (3523 days ago) @ RC

Second, a Legendary Gauntlet! Sweet! For Titan... and I'm playing as a Hunter... guess I'll have to make a Titan character now.

I thought the whole point of the private loot stream was to ensure that you not only always got something, but that when it came to character items, it was always something you could use. So why are the venders selling engrams that spit out items you can't immediately swap out and use for the character you're playing? Did they do that in the Beta?

I've got three now...

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 20:01 (3523 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I thought the whole point of the private loot stream was to ensure that you not only always got something, but that when it came to character items, it was always something you could use. So why are the venders selling engrams that spit out items you can't immediately swap out and use for the character you're playing? Did they do that in the Beta?

Yeah. Sometimes you would get an armour piece or weapon that was for a higher level than you were. Still does that actually.

It's really not about instant gratification.

I've got three now...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 20:24 (3523 days ago) @ RC

Yeah. Sometimes you would get an armour piece or weapon that was for a higher level than you were. Still does that actually.

It's really not about instant gratification.

Well yeah, I'm not talking about higher level stuff, I'm talking about it giving you something for a Titan when you're playing a Hunter. You have absolutely no use for that and unless you're interested in building a character of the relevant class, it's a waste. I was under the impression a Hunter would always get Hunter items, a Titan would always get Titan items, and a Warlock would always get Warlock items.

I've got three now...

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 04:17 (3522 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Well yeah, I'm not talking about higher level stuff, I'm talking about it giving you something for a Titan when you're playing a Hunter. You have absolutely no use for that and unless you're interested in building a character of the relevant class [...]

Well, now the game has given you a reason to try it out.

Right now I'm thinking the best way to play is to dip your fingers in all the pies. Sure you can get along fine with just one character, ever, only playing PvE or only playing PvP, but if you have a high-level character of all 3 classes, and play everything, you can slot in perfectly to any fireteam and will have the greatest variety of weapons and armour at your disposal.

I've got three now...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 10:12 (3522 days ago) @ RC

Well yeah, I'm not talking about higher level stuff, I'm talking about it giving you something for a Titan when you're playing a Hunter. You have absolutely no use for that and unless you're interested in building a character of the relevant class [...]

Well, now the game has given you a reason to try it out.

Right now I'm thinking the best way to play is to dip your fingers in all the pies. Sure you can get along fine with just one character, ever, only playing PvE or only playing PvP, but if you have a high-level character of all 3 classes, and play everything, you can slot in perfectly to any fireteam and will have the greatest variety of weapons and armour at your disposal.

I think this bugs me because I never saw it do this in the Beta, and it's reminding me of Mass Effect 3's "Have a whole ton of stuff you can't use for the class you want to play!" bullshit.

I've got three now...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, September 14, 2014, 15:08 (3522 days ago) @ RC

I once did the House of Devil's Strike with a full Warlock fireteam. I don't need no stinking non-Warlock class, that was awesome!

;)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 15:42 (3522 days ago) @ spidersVise

So far I have only been fortunate enough to get one. Only one.

What was it?

[image]

Worth it. This sucker pretty much has infinite ammo as long as you are able to keep up a spree of one shots - it's a freek'n blast (pun unintended)! Very helpful during my lone wolf run of this weeks strike. I'm pretty sure the next time I get one - which won't be soon I expect, It will probably be some crappy green one.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread