Fun Easter Egg (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 22:58 (3522 days ago)

Found a cute easter egg in the Buried City on Mars. In the transit station there are a couple signs with scrolling text:

HkhtHukyldHbiylfJvvsplKlylrKyldLaohuQlmmQlyltphoQvzoShyzSlpmTpjrZalclAohkAvkk

[image]

I was playing around with the block to see if it might be a puzzle for another B.net code, but when I did a ROT-19 on it some names materialized:

AdamAndrewAubreyCoolieDerekDrewEthanJeffJeremiahJoshLarsLeifMickSteveThadTodd

Coolie (Calahan), Derek (Carroll), and Lars (Bakken) are all names that come to mind, so I'm wondering if these names belong to a specific team at Bungie.

Anyway, had fun figuring that out. :)

Awesome!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 23:58 (3522 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Crypto ppl are so weird...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, September 14, 2014, 01:24 (3522 days ago) @ Beorn

;)

Seriously, though, did anything hint you at ROT-19 or was it a straight-up guess?

Crypto ppl are so weird...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 01:37 (3522 days ago) @ ZackDark

;)

Seriously, though, did anything hint you at ROT-19 or was it a straight-up guess?

Well, I tried ROT-1 through ROT-18 first… ;)

I was actually looking for Base64 padding at the end (= or ==).

Fun Easter Egg

by petetheduck, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 08:16 (3522 days ago) @ Beorn

Found a cute easter egg in the Buried City on Mars. In the transit station there are a couple signs with scrolling text:

HkhtHukyldHbiylfJvvsplKlylrKyldLaohuQlmmQlyltphoQvzoShyzSlpmTpjrZalclAohkAvkk

[image]

I was playing around with the block to see if it might be a puzzle for another B.net code, but when I did a ROT-19 on it some names materialized:

AdamAndrewAubreyCoolieDerekDrewEthanJeffJeremiahJoshLarsLeifMickSteveThadTodd

Coolie (Calahan), Derek (Carroll), and Lars (Bakken) are all names that come to mind, so I'm wondering if these names belong to a specific team at Bungie.

Anyway, had fun figuring that out. :)

I saw that and immediately suspected it was an egg. Considered going back to work on it, but I'm glad I didn't--I never would've figured it out. Good job!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread