Factions and Alliances (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 07:40 (3522 days ago)

So I've been trying to decide which Faction to represent on the battlefield now that I'm a level 20+

Initially I thought I heard that each Faction was geared torward a specific class but I don't see how...

Dead Orbit seems a bit to "abandon everything" and FWC seems like they just like war. So I'm leaning towards New Monarcy because they seem to have a sense of hope and unity to defeat the darkness.

What about you? Who are/will you representing and why?

FWC

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 08:04 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

Because they have the kind of gear I want for my Gunslinger Hunter. (Intellect + Discipline)

Their politics are dumb though.

FWC

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 08:06 (3522 days ago) @ RC

You know I haven't even looked at gear stats for each yet! Better do that before I jump in! (Intellect and Dicipline are what I'm looking to boost as well)...

FWC

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 08:39 (3522 days ago) @ RC

Because they have the kind of gear I want for my Gunslinger Hunter. (Intellect + Discipline)

Yup. It's kind of unfortunate that each faction has a theme to their gear forcing you to choose one rather than just picking the one you like.

Their politics are dumb though.

Dude, they put me in their machine and I saw the future.

Factions and Alliances

by petetheduck, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 08:04 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

So I've been trying to decide which Faction to represent on the battlefield now that I'm a level 20+

Initially I thought I heard that each Faction was geared torward a specific class but I don't see how...

Dead Orbit seems a bit to "abandon everything" and FWC seems like they just like war. So I'm leaning towards New Monarcy because they seem to have a sense of hope and unity to defeat the darkness.

What about you? Who are/will you representing and why?

I based my decision 100% on what was available for purchase from the factions. FWC FTW.

Dead Orbit

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 11:10 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

Awoken? Check. Russian accent? Check. Cool black colors and designs? Check. Wanting to get into the stars? Check!

... Sure he's a little creepy, but I can manage creepy. Got my DO cape yesterday and look forward to getting some gear from them in the future.

Need to actually beat the story first, though. Hah. (Dipped into the forum for a glance, been mostly avoiding until I beat the campaign. It's weird since Halo stories usually take 8-10 hours and Destiny will end up a full week at this point. But I'm the stop-and-smell-the-roses type! So far, I think this might be my favorite Bungie game since Halo 3, but we'll see in the long term.)

Dead Orbit - For the Black and White!

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 15:34 (3522 days ago) @ Leviathan

Love the B&W look, plus I want their machine gun.

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread