Lack of Time: What Do I Do? (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 09:50 (3522 days ago)

So, right now life is busier than its ever been and while Destiny is disappointing me thus far, I also feel like a part of that disappointment is because I'm getting left behind. I'm level 14, just made it to Venus, and this week's free time is looking pretty grim. I feel like the game is going to get more and more disappointing for me particularly because I'll have no one to experience the game with that is at my stage of freshness. By the time I'm Raid-ready, everyone will already know how to beat the thing. What am I supposed to do to actually get some enjoyment out of this game?

PS. I'm pretty disenfranchised at the moment seeing as last night I had to quite the Strike on the moon because it just was not working with the people I was playing with. It's particularly crappy when you can't solo AND can't manage it when the people you're playing with aren't that great. My K/D was 7.25 vs. their 2.2 and 1.6. It was baaaaad.

Lack of Time: What Do I Do?

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 10:11 (3522 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

So, right now life is busier than its ever been and while Destiny is disappointing me thus far, I also feel like a part of that disappointment is because I'm getting left behind. I'm level 14, just made it to Venus, and this week's free time is looking pretty grim. I feel like the game is going to get more and more disappointing for me particularly because I'll have no one to experience the game with that is at my stage of freshness. By the time I'm Raid-ready, everyone will already know how to beat the thing. What am I supposed to do to actually get some enjoyment out of this game?

I hope you're wrong in your assessments here; I think today might be the day that i finally get to unwrap the plastic on my DVD case and put the game in. If you think YOU'RE behind... well, I'm farther. ;)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 10:37 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I started Friday night and I made it to 20 today. It's not too bad if you make sure to pick up and complete bounties while you play. Those boosted me along much faster.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:43 (3522 days ago) @ bluerunner

I started Friday night and I made it to 20 today.

Did you sleep, though? ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 10:54 (3522 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

By the time I'm Raid-ready, everyone will already know how to beat the thing. What am I supposed to do to actually get some enjoyment out of this game?

If the RAID is cool, I will definitely help others do it. If figuring it out is super fun, I'll organize new raiders, and kind of hang back and let everybody else solve stuff without dropping hints.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:12 (3522 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Don't feel left behind. I've been playing since Thursday morning and I'm level 15. I've put in about 12 hours so far to get to that and I'm not farming to get xp either. Just playin through and exploring. So many folks seem to think that there's not much to do after 20 anyway, which doesn't seem right to me, but I haven't made it there yet. If you are on XB1 friend me and we can play some strikes.

GT red robber

My status

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:39 (3522 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Xbox: Kermit7, lvl 16.

Ready to start what I think is the last mission on Mars, but still haven't done the Venus strike.

PS: Kermit-DBO, lvl 13.

Ready to start Venus.

Anyone who's got compatible goals, add me and let's plan something.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread