I'm goin' in. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 12:03 (3522 days ago)

For the first time in almost a full week, I actually have a few hours to myself - I'm cracking open the steelbook and jumping in to the release version for my very first taste.

Wish me luck!

I'm goin' in.

by Avateur @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 12:10 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Have fun! Don't forget to save the Sleeping Dead Ghosts! Good Grimoire stuff in there, and also just kind of fun to explore and find them.

Have fun!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 12:17 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I'm goin' in.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 12:27 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For the first time in almost a full week, I actually have a few hours to myself - I'm cracking open the steelbook and jumping in to the release version for my very first taste.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Remember, shield color denotes elemental weakness*!

*I think... like 80% sure...

I'm goin' in.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 12:50 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Wish me luck!

Good luck and have fun! I know I sure did.

- CC

Good time to start.

by DEEP_NNN, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:18 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The frequency of public events is higher now. I get so excited every time one starts. I drop everything and just go for it.

Another highlight for me was just an hour ago on Mars. A battle soundtrack that was heart pounding. So bloody good! You're about a week away from that.

Good time to start.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:25 (3522 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

The frequency of public events is higher now.

I hope so. I've played almost 2 hours of patrol, and I don't recall seeing a single public event.

Good time to start.

by Avateur @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:46 (3522 days ago) @ uberfoop

That sucks. They really have been a nice highlight in the game. They haven't lost novelty like in the Beta, because everyone stops everything and bolts over to them when they happen right now because of how rare they are. I think I've done five or six so far, and they've all been fun.

Good time to start.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:52 (3522 days ago) @ Avateur
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:59

That sucks. They really have been a nice highlight in the game. They haven't lost novelty like in the Beta, because everyone stops everything and bolts over to them when they happen right now because of how rare they are. I think I've done five or six so far, and they've all been fun.

I second this motion. The moment I see this - doesn't matter what it is, I race as fast I can to get to it. Everyone does - and its an enthralling moment that shows the deeper potential of Destiny.

Good time to start.

by petetheduck, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 14:03 (3522 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I second this motion. The moment I see this - doesn't matter what it is, I race as fast I can to get to it. Everyone does - and its an enthralling moment that shows the deeper potential of Destiny.

There should be more variety to them and they should be like every 15 minutes. As in, kind've an integrated Firefight mode that you can rely on rather than a rarity that occurs while doing other things.

Good time to start.

by Avateur @, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 14:26 (3522 days ago) @ petetheduck

There should be more variety to them and they should be like every 15 minutes. As in, kind've an integrated Firefight mode that you can rely on rather than a rarity that occurs while doing other things.

The Beta's every 30 minutes ruined its novelty and made them boring. They do need more variety, that's for sure, but the entire campaign is basically one long never ending Firefight while you defend your Ghost from opening doors. The game doesn't need more of that, and it definitely doesn't need it every 15 or 30 minutes.

Good time to start.

by petetheduck, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 14:33 (3522 days ago) @ Avateur

The Beta's every 30 minutes ruined its novelty and made them boring. They do need more variety, that's for sure, but the entire campaign is basically one long never ending Firefight while you defend your Ghost from opening doors. The game doesn't need more of that, and it definitely doesn't need it every 15 or 30 minutes.

I guess I was just picturing something like Firefight--an area that has nearly constant battles happening.

Good time to start.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 20:44 (3521 days ago) @ petetheduck

I doubt people would lose their minds during events if they happened often. I've done 4 I think, and it's a giant shitstorm unless you're way over-leveled for the event. Even in my 20s the level 17 one I had on Mars was still nuts though.

They don't really feel like Firefight though. High-level, Hard Strikes are what give me a Firefight vibe. Lots of communication needed.

I'm loving it.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 14:36 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Enjoy! So far I'm already digging the core gameplay more than Reach, and the way the game is set up I can switch between different modes without feeling like I have to play the story to the end first which just makes the whole package feel expansive and immersive. I've actually even started to love Crucible and I usually have very little interest in competitive multiplayer, so that's saying something. In the Beta it wavered between fun and frustrating but now I guess I've just "figured it out" as I'm having fun even when I lose horribly, hah.

If you're ever on the ol' backwater 360, we should play sometime!

P.S. Look forward to making some space for a web comic as I've got some ideas...

I'm loving it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 15:01 (3522 days ago) @ Leviathan

P.S. Look forward to making some space for a web comic as I've got some ideas...

This is exciting to hear.

So.... what do you think so far?

by car15, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:52 (3522 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 01:10 (3521 days ago) @ car15

I'm having a lot of trouble reconciling the "I'm bored" message from a lot of you with the experience I'm having.

by car15, Monday, September 15, 2014, 01:15 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's fair. To each his own.

How far are you?

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 01:57 (3521 days ago) @ car15

Level 13.

Going to bed.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 15, 2014, 08:15 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Level 13.

Going to bed.

That's why. There's plenty to do until you hit the end game.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:31 (3521 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm at end game and am still far, far from bored.

Destiny just isn't for everyone.

I feel the same way as you

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 02:16 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Same here

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:48 (3521 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:27 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

For me, it started to settle in during the Moon strike. The feeling is certainly quickened when you're playing with subpar players. My two team mates each had almost 1:1 K/D throughout the damn thing, and Phogoth is already a pain in the ass as it is. It was just frustrating and it made the repetition all the more obvious.

by Avateur @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:49 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

According to Bungie, and I still think it's incorrect on the low end of things, I've played 1 day and 15 hours or so total, and I'm still not bored. I'm having a hard time figuring out how some of my friends who have played far less than I have are somehow higher levels than I am, have more Grimoire cards, and completed their subclasses before me, but I'm attributing that to the grind and how random this game is at rewarding people. The most fun by far is when you're playing with your buddies, which luckily I've had people on quite frequently. I think I've replayed Old Russia with people more times than anywhere else. Good times.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:36 (3521 days ago) @ Avateur

Having friends to play makes a huge difference for me with Strikes and missions. Patrol benefits, certainly, but there's a Skyrim-ish solitude to wandering on your own, seeing what you can see and what trouble comes your way.

Also, with joining public events, the only question is "how awesome will we look?"

Ran into one on Mars while on the way to a Strike, where we had to kill a super difficult enemy. Laird kept smashing into it with an Interceptor, while Husker and I (and a couple randoms) kept pounding away. Poor guy was getting blasted all over the map by Laird. We're talking "lol physics" here.

Destiny: Doing it Right

by Avateur @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:46 (3521 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Haha that's fantastic. I've only come across public events on Earth and the Moon, nothing on Venus or Mars as of yet. I'm enjoying the rarity, because all things stop when they appear, and usually good times are had.

+1

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:29 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I'm goin' in.

by Dax01, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 20:48 (3521 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hope you have fun, dude!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread