Small fixes that are needed (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:14 (3522 days ago)

1. Make cutscenes skipable!
2. Never drop me out of my menu. It is so frustrating when the game pulls me out of my menu when I am adjusting things, only to force me to re-open it again seconds later. If I pull up the menu, it should only go away when I hit the options button again. Never on its own.
3. If I select a subscreen on destinations, for example crucible, then bring up the menu, closing the menu should return me to the subscreen I was on, rather than the main menu with all the planets. Bringing up the menu makes the game 'forget' where you were.

Small fixes that are needed

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 18:41 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Make cutscenes skipable!
2. Never drop me out of my menu. It is so frustrating when the game pulls me out of my menu when I am adjusting things, only to force me to re-open it again. If I pull up the menu, it should only go away when I hit the options button. Never on its own.

I have a strange feeling that there is a technical reason for the cutscenes.

---
My turn! HUD Edition.

-HUD Indicator for Teleport distance (be it Warlock Jump or Bladedancer Knife) - Because its sucks when you try to make a jump and you miss or after teleporting you go "Where am I?" or "How did I get here?". Bones was right.

-I've hit soft 20 cap, so now the bottom hud "level" indicator is gone. It would be nice to see something I'm focusing on, be it a gun or armor, displayed there instead.

-I would like to be able to see how much damage my co-op players are going as well. Question here would be how you differentiate my own damage indicators with others though. Red?

Small fixes that are needed

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:14 (3521 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Yup. I find this even more desirable than I would have in Halo, just due to the frequency with which I'm replaying missions at the moment. I think INSANEdrive is right that it was probably a technical decision, simply because I doubt they would have done it the way it is just as a design item (since Halo's cutscenes were typically skippable). However, I'm not sure exactly what the technical problem was, or how big of a challenge it would have been.

2. I don't know how doable this would be when playing co-op, but it would still be nice. I find myself knocked out of the menu pretty frequently. It does at least save my changes pretty consistently.

3. Again, I agree here, and unlike the other items I don't think that there's a technical hurdle, probably just a design decision. For the most part, I like Destiny's menus and HUD (yes, even the cursor), but this item does annoy me sometimes. Going back should always go back to where you were previously (see also: any well-designed Android app).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread