General timeline? *SP* (Destiny)

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 22:18 (3522 days ago)

Has anyone figured out any general timeline for anything yet? I'm missing a lot of Dead Ghosts, and all I've got so far are names of events and really basic stuff. Not sure what to make of some of the cards I do have either, some cryptic AI speak in some of them. Not sure if they're from the Dead Ghost itself or if it's a log of a Golden Age AI or Warmind.

Here are the things I've pieced together. If TL;DR, I don't even have any soft dates for anything but the start, because of the obvious Present Day. Just rough guesses at lengths of time for the most part.

---The Past
Ancient, possibly Vex ruins on Venus. Vex(or Hive?) networks under the surface of all/most of our planets?

---Present day. Let's say 20XX.
We're on Mars, a colony maybe, but only see 3 people in space suits with guns. Traveler is starts terraforming. (Rain falls in opening cutscene)

---Golden Age (Hundreds of years, probably thousands)
Expansion to the entire solar system, probably beyond since Ghost mentions paths to other systems or galaxies when hacking Ishtar. Really advanced terraforming, enough to make Mercury and Venus(!) hospitable to humans. Future War Cult exists.

Exos are created by Humanity during this period for combat. Not sure if they lost the ability to create them in the future or if they're all ancient. Not sure if created to fight the Darkness or before.

---The Collapse (unknown period of time)
The Darkness comes, and leaves? Some reference to the Darkness as a physical force made of previously ignored or abandon civilizations the Traveler had some connection with, not necessarily the enemies of today. Or an asshole post-singularity civilization. Or Space Magic.

The Traveler stays at Earth to try to fight the Darkness with Humanity. The Hive take the moon, Vex are in play because records on Ishtar. Guardians are created. Some of humanity try to escape the system into space and comeback as The Awoken.

The Collapse was a while ago, lots of use of the word Ancient in the Grimoire. I want to say it was fairly quick. The only thing I have with any real mention of actual events is a card called Exo 2. An Exo Guardian keeps killing itself because it regains old memories when it is resurrected by it's Ghost. It had seen combat all over the system, and refers to each memory as a "different somewhere and somewhen". Though this somewhen could really mean any period of time.

---The Dark Age
The Fallen and and I think Cabal come to the system after The Collapse has happened. Humanity builds or occupies the Last City, Ghosts show up along with the old Exos who make their way there. This is the period of time before the City is truly formed..

---The City Age
City is centuries old. Most factions form during this period.

-Battle of Six Fronts (first organized attack since city formed)
-The Faction Wars (early in the age)
-Battle of Twilight Gap (removing Fallen from City)
-A failed attempt to retake the moon

General timeline? *SP*

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 22:46 (3522 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I'm still working a lot of this stuff out. I think there's a lot of smaller details that can be inferred from names and associated cards, but like you I want to wait until I find more cards to really piece the whole thing together.

General timeline? *SP*

by car15, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 22:50 (3522 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

---Golden Age (Hundreds of years, probably thousands)
Expansion to the entire solar system, probably beyond since Ghost mentions paths to other systems or galaxies when hacking Ishtar. Really advanced terraforming, enough to make Mercury and Venus(!) hospitable to humans. Future War Cult exists.

Exos are created by Humanity during this period for combat. Not sure if they lost the ability to create them in the future or if they're all ancient. Not sure if created to fight the Darkness or before.

The Golden Age stuff is really intriguing to me. Why did humanity bother making Exos if we were in a time of peace? Maybe it wasn't as peaceful as the legends make it out to be...

And why would the FWC exist? Maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but FWC seems like a response to the events of the Collapse to me.

Also...

Do Exo reproduce?

The lore for this universe is so interesting. It's such a shame that it got stuffed away in the Grimoire, where few players ever venture.

General timeline? *SP*

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 23:18 (3522 days ago) @ car15

One of the cards says FWC was around back then. No speclation.

Another card mentions what sound like ethical concerns about AI or something during Golden. Maybe our Exos were just combat bodies for synthetic people that already existed. I don't think they breed though. Nothing about any young Exos from the City Age, only non-AI Frames.

FWC *SP*

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:11 (3522 days ago) @ car15

The FWC weren't part of the City Consensus until Ulan-Tan's followers were kicked out, so I get the sense that they weren't major players in City politics or any human affairs until that point.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread