Shader Preview Tool (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, September 15, 2014, 02:15 (3522 days ago)

Shop before you buy, this link provides you with the ability to see what your character will look like with a specific shader applied.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character

Shader Preview Tool

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 15, 2014, 04:54 (3522 days ago) @ red robber

I really wish they hadn't done the colors this way. There's only one that kinda gets me the color combination I want, and it's one that isn't sold in the Tower. Now I have to wait until I randomly get it twice in loot drops to apply it to both my characters. So far all I've got in drops is the same gold shader twice.

How do you find how to get a shader?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 04:57 (3522 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:11 (3522 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Pretty sure they're all totally random drops unless they happen to be in the stores armory.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:40 (3522 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

The Guardian Outfitter (in the alleyway of the North Tower usually has four shaders for sale (in addition to a dozen emblems). Like the other tower vendors, her inventory changes every so often so if she doesn't have what you want now, check back after the next refresh.

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:44 (3522 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm not sure if her shader selection ever rotates. It's been the same four for everyone I've asked since launch.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:51 (3522 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Hmm... Well that would be highly disappointing.

I think shaders, more so than the other "stuff" in the game should be much more plentiful and available than they have been so far. I can live with not getting the precise armor and class items I want right away, but I should at least have a little more control over my gear's color scheme.

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:03 (3522 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Shaders and emblems also use the same Vault slots, so good luck collecting your favorites

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:59 (3521 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I think that might just be to give everyone enough time to get enough Glimmer to get them after launch if they really want one of them. I figured that's why the Shipwright timer was so long. Who knows though, her clock ran out a few times and only emblems changed.

I'm surprised if they're forever leaving up 2 purple Shaders.

Luckily I got exactly the shader I wanted as a "gift"

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 01:57 (3521 days ago) @ kidtsunami

In the deluge of stuff from becoming 20 and beating the game at the same time.

so pretty

[image]

Shader Preview Tool

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:35 (3521 days ago) @ bluerunner

I really wish they hadn't done the colors this way. There's only one that kinda gets me the color combination I want, and it's one that isn't sold in the Tower. Now I have to wait until I randomly get it twice in loot drops to apply it to both my characters. So far all I've got in drops is the same gold shader twice.

I really hope there's some dark gray/black armor with a red stripe down one of the arms. Maybe a little letter/number combination on the breast plate. No real reason, just think it would look cool.

*ahem*

Shader Preview Tool

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:59 (3521 days ago) @ bluerunner

Out of curiosity, have you tried the "Double Banshee" shader? Refer to my Titan, meow

It's very blue, and very beautiful. What shader are you going for?

Shader Preview Tool

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:03 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Only the default so far. I did get one, but "Jester" doesn't quite get the scheme I'm looking for...

-- Steve may send it on to an alt character, which seems to be a manic-pixie-Awoken with Konoko's hair. (Warlock, natch.)

Shader Preview Tool

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:50 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I like red stuff, hence red robber. I'm going for the God of War shader.

Shader Preview Tool

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:59 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Out of curiosity, have you tried the "Double Banshee" shader? Refer to my Titan, meow

It's very blue, and very beautiful. What shader are you going for?

That's the one I'm using, but it's blue on blue. I'm solid blue with it. I look like a member of Blue Man Group. I want blue and silver. That's what I've been wearing since Halo 3, and those are official Team Bluerunner colors. The closest I've found is Gilgamesh, but it also uses my most hated of colors, orange.

I've also noticed that the shaders will change the color of some cloaks I preview in the Tower and others they won't. That's a shame because the Speaker has a cloak with a snake on it, but it's yellow and white. The preview doesn't change color for that one. If it changed to blue and silver it would be perfect for me.

Shader Preview Tool

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:11 (3521 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ah, okay. Yeah the first low-level Titan Mark that I had changed colors with the Shader, but then New Monarchy mark that I just recently purchased is not affected by the Blue. I wonder if there's a rule of thumb for figuring out which ones change

Shader Preview Tool

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:12 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Perhaps special equipment doesn't change colors?

Shader Preview Tool

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:19 (3521 days ago) @ red robber

I think faction marks and cloaks don't change, except for Vanguard and crucible. Cloaks for those changed color when I previewed them. The other factions and the Speaker cloaks did not. So far the couple I've gotten as drops did change color. I wish I could set the color of those separate. The color makes a bigger difference to the look for hunters.

Shader Preview Tool

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:11 (3521 days ago) @ red robber

Is there a trick for getting this thing to work?

It says it can't load my profiles.

Shader Preview Tool

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:13 (3521 days ago) @ Kermit

Did you toggle the little button at the top to switch between PS and XBL?

Shader Preview Tool

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:37 (3521 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Did you toggle the little button at the top to switch between PS and XBL?

Yes.

One of them is my name.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 15, 2014, 06:15 (3521 days ago) @ red robber

Shop before you buy, this link provides you with the ability to see what your character will look like with a specific shader applied.

http://db.destinytracker.com/character

Now it will taunt me until I get it.

Great.

Color. Design.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:01 (3521 days ago) @ red robber

For all the amazing design ability Bungie has - these colors. Bleh.

Color. Design.

by Yapok @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:11 (3521 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

They actually look better ingame than that. In my opinion anyway.

Color. Design.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:20 (3521 days ago) @ Yapok

A lot of things in the in game renderer are differt than the companion renderer. It was like that with the beta, too. Colors would apply to odd areas and be lighter or darker than in game.

For everyone's awareness, there are 2 "free" shaders

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 13:35 (3521 days ago) @ red robber

These came in the form of codes from the physical goods in limited/legendary edition packaging. There's a bunch of emblems available too, but here are the two shaders:

Shader: Double Banshee 7MM-VPD-MHP
Shader: Oracle 99 RXC-9XJ-4MH

Double Banshee

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:21 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'm rocking the Double Banshee currently. It goes nicely with my gold and blue LRV3 Javelin. http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429710562/2305843009215257600#equipment

Double Banshee

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:24 (3521 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think you mean Oracle 99? It looks really nice on ya!

I like that shader too. I also got one from the post master that reminds me of Master Chief, but I ultimately didn't like it with my New Monarchy titan mark, so I stuck with the blue.

Oops

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:58 (3521 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Haha, I went to bungie.net to lookup which one I was using and I still screwed it up somehow!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread