Paul McCartney's original song... (Destiny)

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:41 (3532 days ago)

Can be heard during the credits, accessed from the star map. What do people think of it? I kind of like it. I've only listened once and haven't focused on the lyrics all too much, but I think the poetic nature of Destiny's lore fits with his style.

Paul McCartney's original song...

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:47 (3532 days ago) @ Postmortem

Can be heard during the credits, accessed from the star map. What do people think of it? I kind of like it. I've only listened once and haven't focused on the lyrics all too much, but I think the poetic nature of Destiny's lore fits with his style.

So I've been seeing/hearing glimpses about these credits. Where, exactly, on the star map can you find them? I've never seen them.

I guess I could wait until I get home and do some searching around, but what fun is that? :)

ETA: Sorry for the hijack. Um, I'll let you know when I'm actually able to listen. lol

- CC

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:50 (3532 days ago) @ CaneCutter

You can't access the credits if you are playing on Xbox 360 (as far as I know). You can view them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLd3GRdf86E

IMO it doesn't fit with the style and tone of Destiny in the least. Its a cool song, but it doesn't really belong.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:50 (3532 days ago) @ Postmortem

I love Paul McCartney, I mean he was the best member of Wings and I think he was in another group for a while, but the song just didn't do it for me. Don't know why.

That live action trailer left me wanting more Zeppelin in my Destiny. If they could have gotten Jimmy Page and Puff Daddy to do a Destiny themed version of Kashmir like that awful one they did for that Godzilla movie, then I would be happy. No, wait, not happy. Angry. Yeah, definitely still angry about that.

by car15, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:52 (3532 days ago) @ Postmortem
edited by car15, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 13:05

It's pretty good. Not outstanding, but pretty good. Personally, I can't stop listening to it.

McCartney is actually in a bit of a late-career renaissance. He's been branching out into a ton of different styles, including orchestral and electronic music, and I think this song reflects that diversity.

It's a little cheesy, but so is the game, so it fits. It captures the youthful optimism that drives Destiny.

Check out Chaos and Creation in the Backyard if you want to hear some of the most masterful and introspective music McCartney has ever composed. I love that album. It's kind of a downer emotionally, but it makes you FEEL so much.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 19:18 (3532 days ago) @ car15

Check out Chaos and Creation in the Backyard if you want to hear some of the most masterful and introspective music McCartney has ever composed.

I'll be doing this, thanks!

Always on the look out for new music.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 13:09 (3532 days ago) @ Postmortem

It's cheesy, and the lyrics are kind of silly. I love it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread