GamesRadar Gets It (Destiny)

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:00 (3540 days ago)

GamesRadar Gets It

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:26 (3540 days ago) @ rliebherr

Read that earlier, and yeah, it's refreshing reading after all the fault-finding.

So it's the Final Fantasy XIII problem?

by ArteenEsben, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 07:31 (3540 days ago) @ rliebherr

20 hours of (very pretty) tutorial missions before getting to the "real" game?

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 08:30 (3540 days ago) @ ArteenEsben

I think it's pretty typical for MMOs to not "really start" until you hit the end game progression. That being said, I'm not familiar with FFXIII, I only played FFXIV: ARR.

I will say, I wish there was a "high level" hub away from the Tower (The Reef maybe?) that had specific high level content. Not a major gripe, as I can adjust the difficulty on existing content; however, the rewards don't usually change. The exceptions being the weekly and daily missions/strikes. I think it would be cool to have another social space out near the edge of the Darkness to allow high level players to partake in more difficult challenges.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 11:24 (3539 days ago) @ rliebherr

I will say, I wish there was a "high level" hub away from the Tower (The Reef maybe?) that had specific high level content. Not a major gripe, as I can adjust the difficulty on existing content; however, the rewards don't usually change. The exceptions being the weekly and daily missions/strikes. I think it would be cool to have another social space out near the edge of the Darkness to allow high level players to partake in more difficult challenges.

You'll get your wish.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 11:33 (3539 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You'll get your wish.

9/26?

GamesRadar Gets It

by DEEP_NNN, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 08:39 (3540 days ago) @ rliebherr

I predict there will be a lot of red faces on the reviewers who gave early and stinky reviews. Game media will be turned on its head.

I predict that 'official' video game reviewing will undergo an epiphany resulting in a new and improved paradigm.

I believe many of today's game media is highly reactionary to Internet opinions and applies prejudice in a manner which culls the greatest open venue acceptance for their reviews.

GamesRadar Gets It

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 08:46 (3540 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

I believe many of today's game media is highly reactionary to Internet opinions and applies prejudice in a manner which culls the greatest open venue acceptance for their reviews.

This. Because Gaming critics are scared to death of their readers. Most critics are, but gmaing especially. Their readers aren't opposed to shredding them on the internet.

GamesRadar Gets It

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 08:50 (3540 days ago) @ rliebherr

I suspect the "GamerGate" online kerfuffle didn't help with this.

-- Steve does think that game criticism needs to change, but doesn't think that torch-bearing lynch mobs will result in any improvements.

GamesRadar Gets It

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 09:12 (3540 days ago) @ rliebherr

No knee jerk, 12 hours of playtime here.

Review forthcoming.

I think Ben Kuchera at Polygon actually gave interesting thoughts about the game:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/16/6153843/destiny-bungie-fun-but-flawed

I still don't agree with a lot of his and Polygon's opinions on the "missteps" but he brings up how I feel about the gameplay and my constant itch to get back into the game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread