Rep and Marks (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 19:39 (3520 days ago)

Why is it that the 3 Factions - Dead Orbit, Future War Cult and New Monarchy - are quite happy to let you build up Reputation for them by flying their colours in PvE activities, but absolutely refuse to accept Vanguard Marks?

They'll even send you on missions in the wild: you hear from them all the time in Patrol. But if you want to buy anything you have to go into Crucible for it.

"Sure, we liked what you did out in the wild for us: all that scanning and killing. But if you want to buy this Legendary Machine Gun - and I really want to sell it to you - just go lose in the Crucible 75 times to earn enough Crucible Marks for it."

Doesn't make any sense.

Rep and Marks

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 20:45 (3520 days ago) @ RC

I don't understand that either. Why can't it be where Vanguard only take Vanguard marks, the Crucible guy only takes Crucible marks, and everybody else takes both? That would make more sense.

I'm playing hunter in PvE and titan in PvP. My poor hunter is locked out of all armor except Vanguard unless I want to farm spinmetal. If they're not taking anything but crucible marks, at least let me share marks between characters.

Currency/Banking merchant?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 08:03 (3519 days ago) @ bluerunner

might be a cool idea, we got Xur on the weekends, why not a currency converter on Wednesdays or something to fill in the weeks?

I'd like that

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 09:10 (3519 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Another thing: I have thousands of glimmer, but apart from Synth packs, and synth packs to unlock an Exotic weapon, I don't know what to spend it on.

I'd like that

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 09:20 (3519 days ago) @ RC

Another thing: I have thousands of glimmer, but apart from Synth packs, and synth packs to unlock an Exotic weapon, I don't know what to spend it on.

I've been spending it buying green and blue weapons to dismantle for weapon parts. I'm running out of them pretty regularly, so having a stock is always worth it.

Engrams from the Cryptarch

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 09:29 (3519 days ago) @ RC

Sure, the engrams won't get the best items at first, but dismantling them gives you upgrade parts and if you rank up the Cryptarch you get better stuff.

I'd like that

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 10:10 (3519 days ago) @ RC
edited by rliebherr, Thursday, September 18, 2014, 10:18

Great idea. I also think you should be able to purchase the non-rare equipment items. I ran out of weapon parts once, but instead of being able to purchase them, I had to buy weapons and then dismantle them. What's the point? Why not eliminate a step?

I have zero things to spend glimmer on, atm. So, I buy and decode engrams hoping that will imporove the rare and legenday decrypts. The Shader stock hasn't refreshed and cosmetic ships don't interest me. Until thereis something a Sparrow does beside get me from patrol to patrol there is no chance I will spend marks on a Sparrow, let alone Strange Coins on an upgrade to its engine!

OFF TOPIC: While I'm talking about things I'd want in game - how about a permanent radar marker for your fireteam like they have for waypoints on patrols? Man, I can't tell you how many times I've missed a public event because a teammate was far away from me and I didn't know how to get to him. It's also caused an embarrasing number of Sparrow-ing off of a cliff deaths.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread