Exotic engrams are just as cruel *img* (Destiny)

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, September 19, 2014, 04:22 (3508 days ago)

I've got my second exotic now, and both of them are for Titans.

I guess Destiny is trying to tell me to roll a new character?...

[image]

Ouch.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, September 19, 2014, 04:51 (3508 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

And you can only equip one piece of exotic armor at a time..

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, September 19, 2014, 04:59 (3508 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:17 (3508 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Indeed, same goes for the weapons. I had to stop a friend from dismantling a purple HMG because of this. He'd just acquired Thunderlord and figured purple no longer matters!

I like the Titan amour you have there. More ammo for Heavies, Special and an additional grenade? Yes please. That'd make me work on a Titan :)

As of today, thanks to Xur, I have three exotic items to rotate around with my Warlock depending on the situation. Got the Sunbreaker gauntlets from them, as well as lucky engram for a Warlock cloak which looks rad. My most prized possession is this fella. I'm a big fan of the team revival gametypes you see, so it's spot on! (Bungie, please bring Salvage back soon!)

I wish I could see them all equipped as once... even if not with their abilities active. As a sort of vanity thing...

I've been lucky when it comes to exotics, however I have quite the collection of Legendary/Rare hunter gear gathering up. One day, eventually, they'll see use. The game seems to have planned that for me.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:48 (3508 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Indeed, same goes for the weapons. I had to stop a friend from dismantling a purple HMG because of this. He'd just acquired Thunderlord and figured purple no longer matters!

Nice, good to know. I'm one of those horrible people that will dismantle purple items I'll never use (because you get rare upgrade materials). I mean, I have no idea if/when I'll play Hunter and that scout rifle was garbage, but now my Titan has upgraded chest armor and assault rifle. :D

I like the Titan amour you have there. More ammo for Heavies, Special and an additional grenade? Yes please. That'd make me work on a Titan :)

Yeah, I covet that too. :P

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:57 (3508 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Nice, good to know. I'm one of those horrible people that will dismantle purple items I'll never use (because you get rare upgrade materials). I mean, I have no idea if/when I'll play Hunter and that scout rifle was garbage, but now my Titan has upgraded chest armor and assault rifle. :D

Hmm, now that's actually quite tempting. I have a Legendary Pulse Rifle and Hand Cannon that I could live without if push comes to shove. What materials?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 09:15 (3508 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

I think weapons get Ascendent Energy and armors get Ascendent Shards, which are part of what Legendary items require for the higher power upgrades (along with Glimmer, XP, and the other materials you find in the wild).

There's a cost vs. benefit here for sure. I don't have that Legendary scout rifle, but now my AR is fully leveled.

EDIT: I've also scrapped a Fusion Rifle I didn't like - since then I've received a Legendary sniper, shotgun (which is almost leveled) and machine gun which I'm all keeping right now. This is to say either I'm really lucky (good drops plus a primary weapon I got early that I adore), or been playing enough (been at 25 for a while) for the drops to come. In either case, I'm confident it'll keep coming.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, September 19, 2014, 09:44 (3508 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I think weapons get Ascendent Energy and armors get Ascendent Shards, which are part of what Legendary items require for the higher power upgrades (along with Glimmer, XP, and the other materials you find in the wild).

Good to know, I need these. Thanks!

Nothing I want to break down just yet, but soon enough...

You should save a handful of those in your vault instead

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, September 19, 2014, 16:35 (3507 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Certain Exotic bounties will ask that you break down X number of Rare/Legendary items as a requirement for the bounty, so it might be handy to save some for that purpose

I'll take it!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, September 19, 2014, 05:20 (3508 days ago) @ HavokBlue

GIMMIE

Exotic engrams are just as cruel *img*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:43 (3508 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I purchased lucky raspberry from Xur, as well as an exotic engram. What did it turn out to be? Another lucky raspberry :-p

At least I got 5 ascendant shards for dismantling it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 19, 2014, 11:46 (3508 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I purchased lucky raspberry from Xur, as well as an exotic engram. What did it turn out to be? Another lucky raspberry :-p

At least I got 5 ascendant shards for dismantling it.

I would totally pay that many motes of light for 5 ascendant shards.

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, September 19, 2014, 13:12 (3508 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I grabbed the Engram first to avoid something like that

Are Exotics bound to the character they were found on?

by Dan de Board @, Friday, September 19, 2014, 14:24 (3508 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I see a lot of people complaining about getting gear for other classes and dismaying that they don't get any gear. If Exotics and Legendaries aren't bound, just save them for the next character you make! Yeesh people.

Are Exotics bound to the character they were found on?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 19, 2014, 17:43 (3507 days ago) @ Dan de Board

I see a lot of people complaining about getting gear for other classes and dismaying that they don't get any gear. If Exotics and Legendaries aren't bound, just save them for the next character you make! Yeesh people.

Either that or dismantle them for ascendant materials. Really handy for armor upgrades.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread