What's the best method for getting Rare level 20 armor? (Destiny)

by Jironimo ⌂, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:20 (3525 days ago)

I'm at about 22 right now and I'm getting frustrated because all of my rare armor is level 17 or 18 so it's not enough light to get me up to 24. Does anyone know of a good method to get level 20 Rare armor or Legendary armor so I can move forward?

I know that I can play the RNG game but that's just a total crapshoot. I'd rather be surprised while working towards Legendary armor with Vanguard marks then pray to RNGesus for good stuff.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm on Xbox One if anyone is interested in playing tonight.

GT: Jironimo

What's the best method for getting Rare level 20 armor?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:23 (3525 days ago) @ Jironimo

Turn the difficulty up, the higher the mission's level requirement, the better the loot.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:25 (3525 days ago) @ Jironimo

I'm at about 22 right now and I'm getting frustrated because all of my rare armor is level 17 or 18 so it's not enough light to get me up to 24. Does anyone know of a good method to get level 20 Rare armor or Legendary armor so I can move forward?

I know that I can play the RNG game but that's just a total crapshoot. I'd rather be surprised while working towards Legendary armor with Vanguard marks then pray to RNGesus for good stuff.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh, and I'm on Xbox One if anyone is interested in playing tonight.

GT: Jironimo

I stuck with Vanguard strikes and turning in every engram I could, along with any Vanguard bounties for specific missions and the daily/weekly challenges (haven't tried Nightfall yet). Patrol is a nice break too, if you need to collect upgrade materials, as you'll still find engrams.

But then again that's what I find the most fun, so it hasn't at all felt like a grind. I'm beginning to think Titan was a great choice, as it's never boring and Defender subclass a joy to discover.

Also this

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:26 (3525 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

You can buy Legendary level 20 armor from the vanguards.

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:41 (3525 days ago) @ Jironimo

- No text -

Rep someone

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, September 22, 2014, 08:46 (3525 days ago) @ Jironimo

Find a faction that has armor you like, Rep them and start doing activities. Higher level missions or strikes tend to offer greater rewards as well.

Add me if you want! GT: breitzen

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 22, 2014, 09:41 (3524 days ago) @ Jironimo

I've had a slight bit of luck doing the Weekly stuff and the higher level Strike playlists. Within this last weekend I got my Guardian all blue'd up just with Strike playlists, while I was struggling with greens the whole week.

by Jironimo ⌂, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:09 (3524 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt
edited by Jironimo, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:12

I've been doing level 20+ missions and strikes, but I only get green loot and when I do get a blue it's a level 16 or 17 blue.

I attempted the weekly strike, but that was brutal even with higher level people we couldn't finish it. It might be because I could barely stay alive so my fireteam was essentially always down a player.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread