Gear Envy (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:06 (3525 days ago)

Did you know there is a trophy for equipping yourself with only exotics and legendaries?

[image]

Yup

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:25 (3525 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was looking through the trophies list night and noticed it. With the exception of my cloak, I still have only rares. Level 23 now, though, so hopefully something purple will start dropping soon.

Yup

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:30 (3525 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

hopefully something purple will start dropping soon.

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. I used to be like you, level 23 and naive.

I'm 1 for 8 in getting a legendary decrypted from a purple engram. I ended up playing a bunch of strikes & crucible to get access to the Vanguard & Crucible armor and bought 3 pieces through Shax & Cayde.

I did once get a legendary sniper out of a rare engram.

I also saw a guy get an Exotic weapon after playing a crucible match. I.. was jealous.

Gear Envy

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:33 (3525 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Working on this one now. It's... going to take a while, but to me it seems like this is the true end of game. I like how you are constantly striving to get better and better gear.

Yup

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:33 (3525 days ago) @ marmot 1333

hopefully something purple will start dropping soon.

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. I used to be like you, level 23 and naive.

Oh, I'm well aware of how... fickle the RNG is at the higher levels. I've yet to pull a single purple engram, though. Honestly, I'm working on building enough rep for faction gear. If I pull something randomly, that's just gravy at this point.

I want your boots.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:46 (3525 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Gear Envy

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, September 22, 2014, 17:53 (3525 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Yea. The Holy Grail is a full set of the Prime Zealot gear that drops in the raid. When fully upgraded, it has a higher defense than any of the legendary gear you can purchase. You want to go beast mode in The Iron Banner? That's how to do it!

I did.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, September 22, 2014, 17:56 (3525 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I did.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 09:12 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr

Awesome. How are you going to prevent upgrading anything anymore so you can maintain 1337 status? :-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread