I wish... (Destiny)

by GrimBrother One, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:34 (3524 days ago)

...that I could rewatch Reef cutscenes over again, just so I can see how badass my hot femHunter is more times than just the first.

...that there was a small color-coded icon of some sort to indicate which weapons do which damage type when I'm looking at 3 fusion rifles/shotguns/snipers/whatever that otherwise look IDENTICAL. It would help when needing to throw the menu up and make a quick switch.

...that you could save an name a "loadout" with specific gear for different situations within the same character.

...that Bungie would announce some novels fleshing out the Golden Age (Destiny: The Fall of Light [isnotcanon.net])

...that there was an emote to pee on the cryptarch after he turns legendary engrams into Uncommon Solar Slap-Bracelets... for a different class.

...that I could walk around in the stunningly beautiful world they've created. Like, in real life.

...that the City Seamstress would update her f893(*#*&ing shaders.

...that you could make it rain Glimmer in the Tower, Assassin's Creed-style, as I'm tired of continuously hitting the 25,000 cap.

...that you could purchase rare currency with glimmer. 5,000gl for a Strange Coin? DONE.

...that you could manually fly your ship.

...That Seaweedface offered that Hunter helmet on the SECOND week, instead of the first.

...That Peter Dinklage and Nathan Fillion had their VO roles swapped.

...That the Fireteam was more than 3 people, at least in Patrols.

...That you could "lend" gear to someone in your fireteam to make the team more potent.

...That I had a real Dustwalker Cloak to wear.

...that I had more time to play.

<3
Grim

Good list. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:38 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- No text -

I wish...

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:39 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...that you could purchase rare currency with glimmer. 5,000gl for a Strange Coin? DONE.

This was actually a thing last weekend until players found a way to abuse the system. I believe it was every time you create a character you would get a certain amount of glimmer- peeps would just keep doing that. So I've read anyways, I'm not actually certain.

I wish...

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:55 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...that you could save an name a "loadout" with specific gear for different situations within the same character.

+1

+1

+1 - Except you should be able to not just fly your ship, but have dogfights with other guardians and against enemies.

+1

I'll add another one to this list:

...that you could purchase and swap out additional social gestures like improved dance moves or different waves. Ideally, you'd have to rank up the social gesture vendor by doing things like dancing during a control point capture.

I wish...

by Hyokin, New York, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:59 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

The Nathan Fillion / Peter Dinklage one made me groan.

That would've been sooooo awesome!!!

Some good ideas there

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:03 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I really like the idea of having a few loadouts saved. I change mine up when playing PvE compared to PvP all the time. this includes the subclass the majority of the time.

I wish...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:07 (3524 days ago) @ TDSpiral

This was actually a thing last weekend until players found a way to abuse the system. I believe it was every time you create a character you would get a certain amount of glimmer- peeps would just keep doing that. So I've read anyways, I'm not actually certain.

It was actually that each character could buy a certain number of strange coins for only glimmer, and then it would ask for materials in addition. So to avoid having to go look for materials they would create a new character, buy strange coins, put them in the vault, delete the character, then create a new one.

I wish...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:11 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

My additions are:
- Point indicates things for your fireteam. Put your reticle on and enemy, press for point, and they get a marker and message that says "priority target". Point at anything else and the waypoint says "look here".
- Wave puts a waypoint on your head and a message that says "need help" when you're taking damage.
- Respawn countdown timers for your teammates in a strike. I'm not going to risk my neck to revive random teammates if they only have 5 seconds to respawn.

I wish...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:15 (3524 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'd like it if Point would say Ragashingo points to a Dead Ghost or Ragashingo points to a Gold Chest. I try and help out the random Guardians passing by but who's going to come find me just because "Ragashingo points" a couple of times?

What about buying upgrade materials?

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:27 (3524 days ago) @ Xenos

It was actually that each character could buy a certain number of strange coins for only glimmer, and then it would ask for materials in addition. So to avoid having to go look for materials they would create a new character, buy strange coins, put them in the vault, delete the character, then create a new one.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I knew there was a way people were abusing the system by creating new characters, but I wasn't sure of the specifics.

Anyways, if you can't buy Strange Coins or other currencies, it'd be great to be able to buy upgrade materials from vendors (Spinmetal, Spirit Bloom, etc.) for Glimmer. Just something to do with all the Glimmer you have after you get to level 20.

Nice suggestions [especially the VA one]

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:38 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- No text -

I wish...

by Jabberwok, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:41 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Number one for me is FLYING MY SHIP. I would even settle for just flying it around while in orbit, to no purpose. Or how about some patrol missions in space? Flying around the Reef, perhaps?

A close second on my wishlist would be a Story for Destiny, as opposed to just a cryptic, airy backstory narrated by Dinklage.

I wish...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:59 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...that I could rewatch Reef cutscenes over again, just so I can see how badass my hot femHunter is more times than just the first.

You can watch my femHunter when Claude posts the cutscenes in the DBO library. Whenever he gets around to it :-p

IT'S NOT THE SAME.

by GrimBrother One, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:07 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

IT'S NOT THE SAME.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:11 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

You made sure to take screenshots and save your film, right? RIGHT?

I wish...

by Jillybean, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:12 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Apart from the Dinklage comment I agree!

I wish...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:15 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...That you could "lend" gear to someone in your fireteam to make the team more potent.

This would be very cool. I'd go one step further and allow all friends to borrow gear. Give it a timer up to like 24 hours or something so they can play at their own pace as long as they meet the level requirement for the item.

by Avateur @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:25 (3524 days ago) @ TDSpiral

How is that abusing the system? Bungie put a stupid grind mechanic in, and people found a way to make the grind easier. Good for them.

I wish...

by Avateur @, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:32 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...that there was a small color-coded icon of some sort to indicate which weapons do which damage type when I'm looking at 3 fusion rifles/shotguns/snipers/whatever that otherwise look IDENTICAL. It would help when needing to throw the menu up and make a quick switch.

Oh man this one would rock!

...that Bungie would announce some novels fleshing out the Golden Age (Destiny: The Fall of Light [isnotcanon.net])

More outside-the-game reading? :(

I think normally I'd be on board if not for the fact that this game has just about zero narrative and everything is located for reading on B.net.

...that there was an emote to pee on the cryptarch after he turns legendary engrams into Uncommon Solar Slap-Bracelets... for a different class.

Conker's Bad Fur Day style? :D

...that I could walk around in the stunningly beautiful world they've created. Like, in real life.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure you can take a trip to Russia and wander around there. :P

Agreed!

Welcome to Reach!

...That Seaweedface offered that Hunter helmet on the SECOND week, instead of the first.

I looked at his stuff in the first week and thought he only served Hunters. I think it was because I couldn't afford anything he had. He seemed pretty cool in week two, but I didn't want to buy his engram. :P

I like 343 Dinklage Spark. :(

So this.

Psh no. I worked hard for luck to fall my way to get me my stuff. I also worked hard to get the Vanguard and Crucible ranks and points. My buddies gotta get their own stuff! Now as for trading gear, that'd be cool. Decrypt a thing for your Hunter but end up with Titan gear? Problem solved.

You must find more time! :(

<3
Grim

Go Red Sox, even if they're dead last. :P

I wish...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:33 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:43

...I could customize emotes. The saluted is nice - but I feel my warlock would do the respectful bow instead

...Patrol mode had more variance. Had harder enemies. Was more alive.

Edit: OH! and ... Destiny told you when you had hit a checkpoint, instead of you just guessing and hoping. That's a big one.

I wish...

by yakaman, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:49 (3524 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- had an auto-setting for 'automatically dismantle [type] gear'
- 'Tower' was a shortcut on the main Orbit screen
- upgrade-able dance moves
- the damn shaders would rotate more often
- had more (different?) vehicles

by GrimBrother One, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:53 (3524 days ago) @ Avateur

Lol, agreed. Circumventing maybe, but not abusing.

Do you get the cutscene if you play the mission again?

by rhubarb, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:56 (3524 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

I wish...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:14 (3524 days ago) @ yakaman

- 'Tower' was a shortcut on the main Orbit screen

"Tower" should be an option on the start screen. "Hold Y To Go To Orbit", or "Hold A To Go To Tower"

Since the tower is the hub, there is no point in going to orbit, and then to the tower.

Slight problem

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:17 (3524 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Anyways, if you can't buy Strange Coins or other currencies, it'd be great to be able to buy upgrade materials from vendors (Spinmetal, Spirit Bloom, etc.) for Glimmer. Just something to do with all the Glimmer you have after you get to level 20.

The problem with that is that those materials can be exchanged for Vanguard and Crucible reputation and marks.

This^

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:26 (3524 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Slight problem

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:37 (3524 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The problem with that is that those materials can be exchanged for Vanguard and Crucible reputation and marks.

I don't really see that as a problem. Either they could remove the ability to do that, or make the upgrade materials expensive- like 5k for 10 of one item. It still takes some time to gather enough glimmer to make a noticeable difference with the Crucible/Vanguard marks. Trading in 50 upgrade items doesn't give a ridiculous amount of rep or marks as is.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, September 22, 2014, 14:41 (3524 days ago) @ Avateur

How is that abusing the system? Bungie put a stupid grind mechanic in, and people found a way to make the grind easier. Good for them.

Ehhh, whatever :P

You know what I meant: players found an easy and quick way to buy Exotic gear that wasn't intended by Bungie.

Hmmm *SP*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 22, 2014, 16:24 (3524 days ago) @ rhubarb

I don't think you can repeat that Reef mission

I mean the first Venus mission

by rhubarb, Monday, September 22, 2014, 16:41 (3524 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Probably

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 22, 2014, 17:01 (3524 days ago) @ rhubarb

Every other cutscene plays again, no?

It doesn't.

by rhubarb, Monday, September 22, 2014, 19:33 (3524 days ago) @ ZackDark

Just played it and the Reef is not available as a destination.

I hope...

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 11:57 (3523 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

...that in another Destiny title or DLC, we time travel back to the Collapse and participate in the battle against The Darkness to prevent the end of the Golden Age.

Cosmodrome

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 20:23 (3523 days ago) @ Avateur

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure you can take a trip to Russia and wander around there. :P

Actually, no.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/russian-visas.html

Although it's not referred to by name, one of the still-used Soviet-era cosmodromes is Baikonur, which is actually in Kazakhstan and rented out to Russia. It is not an easy place to travel to at all, requiring special permissions, as well as being far away from... pretty well anything and everything.

Not sure where in Russia the cosmodrome is supposed to be if it isn't Baikonur, but I'd guess the circumstances are probably the same for other launch areas. If you're just a tourist who wants to see rockets, the answer is probably no.

Incidentally, the Forgotten Shore area with its stranded ships looks a bit like the Aral Sea, which also borders Kazakhstan.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aral+sea+ships&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9DgiVMX_GeG...

+1

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 20:24 (3523 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

I wish...

by Das Kalk, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:48 (3522 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

... That Mercury and Saturn and Jupiter were in the game, since they talked about (and even showed some of) those locations in ViDocs...

... That I won't have to pay more money to see these locations.

... That there were custom multiplayer lobbies.

... That sparrow racing was a thing

... That vehicle customization was in the game... I want to customize more than just colours on my Sparrow... I want to trick it out as much as I can outfit my Guardian.

... That I could do the same to my ship. I want to be able to apply shaders to EVERYTHING.

... Space combat/sparrow racing or even sparrow combat missions were in the game. They would break up the monotony of the wave based objectives that comprise 80% of the game.

... That the soundtrack was out somewhere for me to buy

.. That the game didn't feel like it's had huge chunks of narrative content completely hacked off...

... That the narrative and mission design was as good as almost everything else in this game.

I wish...

by car15, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:50 (3522 days ago) @ Das Kalk

... That the soundtrack was out somewhere for me to buy

.. That the game didn't feel like it's had huge chunks of narrative content completely hacked off...

... That the narrative and mission design was as good as almost everything else in this game.

Definitely these three.

I wish...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 15:59 (3522 days ago) @ Avateur

More outside-the-game reading? :(

I think normally I'd be on board if not for the fact that this game has just about zero narrative and everything is located for reading on B.net.

I wish you could read your Grimoire cards during the loading screens.

I wish...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 16:43 (3522 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I'm recording it for my future characters. Sigh.

Yep.

Yep.

Yes, but include more info in the game first.

I'm trying to kill him with kindness myself.

Only if I had a sparrow in real life.

...that the City Seamstress would update her f893(*#*&ing shaders.

What other FPS gives us fashion consultant? Eva is cool.

...that you could make it rain Glimmer in the Tower, Assassin's Creed-style, as I'm tired of continuously hitting the 25,000 cap.

Invite me.

YES!

I think that day will come.

I bet you'll get your chance.

Don't completely agree, but I do wish we had more of Fillion (and the other voice actors). I do get a kick out of Mal and Zoe hanging out all day, though.

For patrols, indeed.

For a limited time, yes!

...That I had a real Dustwalker Cloak to wear.

Christmas is coming.

Can't agree more!

<3
Grim

Great list! I agree 100%!!!

by GrimBrotherIII, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 21:52 (3522 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- No text -

Cosmodrome

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:28 (3521 days ago) @ narcogen

Incidentally, the Forgotten Shore area with its stranded ships looks a bit like the Aral Sea, which also borders Kazakhstan.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aral+sea+ships&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=9DgiVMX_GeG...

Wow, that's pretty spot on.

I wish...

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 12:53 (3521 days ago) @ GrimBrother One
edited by RC, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:00

I wish that when you see '1 friend here' in the Director, it'd also tell you if that friend is joinable, and give you an option to join them straight from the Director.

That there were a few chests and resources to find in the private areas of the worlds.

That you also got resources as random rewards (I don't really like gathering them in Patrol).

I wish...

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 13:03 (3521 days ago) @ RC

That there were a few chests and resources to find in the private areas of the worlds.

If you count Golden Chests, there are... :)

-- Steve was surprised at the location of one on a Venus story mission.

I wish...

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 15:42 (3521 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

If you count Golden Chests, there are... :)

-- Steve was surprised at the location of one on a Venus story mission.

Well, apart from those. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread