Her Willful Gaze (The Queen's Bounties Are Live) (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 02:12 (3524 days ago)

Was just checking out the advisors on bungie.net before taking a mid-day break to play. And lo and behold the queen was there.
[image]
Here are the descriptions of the bounties.
[image]

Her Willful Gaze (The Queen's Bounties Are Live)

by Numinar @, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 02:38 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I am a bit disappoint, was hoping new areas will open up (Unless these bounties lead to new exotic bounties we haven't seen?) will probably give it a go while I LFG for the weekly.

Hedge reporting live from the field

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 02:39 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Oh. Right.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:23 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Anything new open up? Or is it just a bunch of extra bounties? I want to get in to that doored off area in the cosmodrome darn it!

Can't say that I'm surprised.

by car15, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:27 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Nothing unlocked. Nothing new. Just bounties.

Yep. I'm out.

We know.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:52 (3524 days ago) @ car15

- No text -

snap judgments all day

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:52 (3524 days ago) @ car15

There is a Queensguard reputation vendor sitting in the Tower, and it's plainly stated that you can unlock actual missions by completing the bounties.

There are a number of datamined legendary Queen's Guard items that aren't available at the vendor, so I imagine they will be earned via the missions.

The Queen's Wrath: Kill Order

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 05:59 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Not sure what this is. It unlocked in the Director menu after I knocked out some bounties. Will post results after it's done.

The Queen's Wrath: Kill Order

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:05 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I believe you get a random story mission assigned to you after you complete some bounties. The missions have the epic modifier and ar elevel 24. After you kill the boss in the mission, you get legendary gear.

Best playlist for Scout Rifle headshots?

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:06 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I knocked out handcannon pretty quick but never use scout rifles. Probably Clash or Control right?

Queens Favor +100

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:13 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Does Queens Favor go towards my Faction if im still wearing their banner?

Nub question, I think the answer is yes.

I'm not wearing it just to be safe.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:15 (3524 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

- No text -

It does not go to your faction.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:28 (3524 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

Wear whatevr mark you like, Queen's Rep goes to the queen regardless.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:39 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr

Oh snap!

I wonder if that's worth reading into or not. Doubt many factions in the City (besides Dead Orbit) like, much less trust her.

rewards *img*

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:44 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr

It was the wintership mission with the epic modifier. Ran it alone, kind of enjoyed the challenge of needing three different damage types and the fact that getting hit at all basically meant death.

Got this, which was nice to replace my blue helmet. Was planning on picking up the FWC helmet this week though.

[image]

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:44 (3524 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It's probably a preventative measure so people don't miss time sensitive reputation gains.

Reward: Strength/Intellect focused Legendary Gear

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 06:49 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by RC, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:19

Choose a bounty. Complete it. Hand it in. Unlock "Queen's Wrath" to do a (seemingly) random story mission on level 24 with Epic, a Burn modifier and usually 1 other skull. Complete this mission and receive a piece of Strength/Intellect focused Legendary gear.

Got 2 so far.

EDIT: Maybe the Strength/intellect set is only for hunter?

From the Rep?

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:26 (3524 days ago) @ RC

Do we know what Queens Rep is for yet? Does it influence that gear that you get any way?

I'm currently a bit sad that those story missions sounds a bit out off my reach. Running solo can be rough.

From the Rep?

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:29 (3524 days ago) @ Monochron

As of right now, the rep gains unlock rewards with the Queen's Guard merchant in the Tower. She has some emblems/shaders/class items, and a rare scout rifle, auto rifle, and hand cannon.

There are more items in the database though, so I imagine it might change?

The legendaries are rewards for completing the surprisingly easy Kill Order missions that should be a joke for any level 24+ with elemental damage

Might be a good way to get shards.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:34 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Complete bounty, get mission, complete mission, get legendary armor. Repeat. Break down extra earned armor for components. Repeat.

At least the bounty and mission changes each time.

From the Rep?

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:35 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

The legendaries are rewards for completing the surprisingly easy Kill Order missions that should be a joke for any level 24+ with elemental damage

Legendaries are for the level 24 story missions with all sorts of modifiers? Or the first "bounty" part?

For the story missions

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:39 (3524 days ago) @ Monochron

- No text -

From the Rep?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:40 (3524 days ago) @ Monochron

They're from the missions, but they're not that bad. Give it a try and you might have 2 guaranteed legendary armor pieces today.

It's good to be Queen.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:42 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr

[image]

There is a Mercury joke in there somewhere.

There's no limit EDIT: maybe there's a limit

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:44 (3524 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by HavokBlue, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:03

I've run it three times now. Legendary hood, legendary robes, and then on the third time I got a legendary sniper rifle and the legendary hood again.

Gonna do this as many times as possible before they hotfix it.

From the Rep?

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:51 (3524 days ago) @ bluerunner

Nice! As long as it isn't as bad as running the weekly strike solo then I should be fine :) I just can't take down phogoth on my own with all those modifiers.

From the Rep?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:54 (3524 days ago) @ Monochron

Nice! As long as it isn't as bad as running the weekly strike solo then I should be fine :) I just can't take down phogoth on my own with all those modifiers.

I'm on 360. You're always welcome to join Lil' Blue and I on our wacky adventures if you're on 360.

snap judgments all day

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 07:57 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

To be faIr, the missions aren't "new", they are just rehashes of the old ones.

But to actually expect new content at this time would be optimistic to a fault. ..
It's new gear though. And I like gear.

snap judgments all day

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:01 (3524 days ago) @ Monochron

I'll amend my previous statement to say that I'll be a little sad if Kill Orders are the extent of the event, and that the rate they toss out legendaries makes me wonder why I've been collecting FWC armor

Just got locked out of Kill Order.

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:03 (3524 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

snap judgments all day

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:03 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Collect the armor you want. Break down this armor for components. Look at it as them providing you a way to reliably get components for your armor of choice.

How many did you do?

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:09 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

How many did you do?

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:12 (3524 days ago) @ rliebherr

Ran it three times, four if you count one where I was kicked back to orbit due to a server error.

Black Garden with Void modifier kind of hard.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:25 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

The final enemies kill you in like 3 hits, and yellow Minotaurs are in the level a decent amount. Void Rocket Rocket Launcher recommended.

Thanks Havok. I appreciate it.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:33 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

How many bounties did you do?

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 08:59 (3524 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I think you unlock one go at Queens Wrath missions for each bounty you complete.

Tip: Return to orbit for different mission.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 09:23 (3524 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I got Black Garden again and didn't feel like it, if you leave and do Kill Order again you can get something else.

Tip: Return to orbit for different mission.

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 09:34 (3523 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I think it consumes one of your Kill Order tickets if you do this.

Question

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 09:50 (3523 days ago) @ kidtsunami

If you're in a fireteam, and one person completes a bounty, then the fireteam enters that person's kill mission, does the entire team get the reward at the end?

What if all three complete bounties, then go into the kill mission together? Does that mission count for all three, or just the fireteam leader?

It does not.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:24 (3523 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

From the Rep?

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 11:53 (3523 days ago) @ bluerunner

I may do that, I haven't found many people playing on 360.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 12:29 (3523 days ago) @ RC

I now have 3 Legendary Queen Chest Pieces, in addition to the one I bought yesterday from New Monarchy (Intellect/Strength). One is Intellect/Discipline, and the other 2 are Discipline/Strength with slightly different upgrades. At least now I have all three combinations covered.

It's good to be Queen.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 12:56 (3523 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Wait, so Freddy Mercury was turned into a machine by the Vex?

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 13:58 (3523 days ago) @ squidnh3

The Queen's Guard gear can also feature Strength/Discipline, and every piece seems to be rolled randomly like rares and uncommons.

I think all the Queen gear is a couple Light points lower than an equivalent set of faction armor.

Wow, I see what you're thinking. Smart.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 16:38 (3523 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

I still dont understand why I need to be booted from network

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 17:20 (3523 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 17:34

I was actually about to lament the fact that my Kill Mission was the second mission in the game. Kill Riksis. Super simple and almost no level 24s until the boss fight, and I could just hide in the entrance the whole time.

But . . .

Got kicked from the game world after getting down to a sliver of health.

AND NOW THE KILL MISSION IS TO DEFEAT THE GATE LORD!

Now that is a seriously bad experience. Sure, I now have a mission on par with other people . . . but to dangle that first mission in front of my face and then lag me out of my SINGLE PLAYER mission is just the worst...

Disappointed with her majesty

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 17:37 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron

Here I was hoping the queen would give me some interesting things to kill. Things perhaps we haven;t seen yet, like in the Jovian Complex, Sepharim's Vault, King's Watch, etc.

But no. Same old "do the same missions over again" deal. Kill 200 fallen with headshots. Oh how original.

I barely consider this actual new content, and if all the updates are going to be this, then their plan is pretty weak.

Sorry Bungie. Doing the raid with people here a few times, then see you in December if you get your act together.

Never mind, found a really crappy exploit

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 17:47 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron

Okay, so in my frustration at having that simple mission taken away from me, I did something that I felt pretty skeezy about. I entered into new Queen's Wrath missions until I got the Riksis one again. Basically I felt like that was the original one that I received, and a failure of netcode or routing shouldn't prevent me from playing it for the Queen's mission. And at the end I got the Legendary armor.

But now, there is nothing to prevent me from doing that each time to get new Legendary armor. Just quit missions until I get Riksis which is many many times easier than the other missions. I hope Bungie can patch this, because it is very clearly gaming a small side effect in order to circumvent one very difficult mission.

It does not.

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 17:51 (3523 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Which leads to a really unfair exploit. See below.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 18:46 (3523 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I am a little disappointed that there are no new missions, but I have to say I am really enjoying these missions with the modifiers on, reminds me of playing Legendary Halo with a few skulls on.

An Audience with The Queen (new info)

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 19:33 (3523 days ago) @ kidtsunami

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12171

New stuff unlocks up to tier 3 of Reputation. I'd guess you'll have to get almost all the bounties to hit 3, going to be rough, that Scout Rifle one took me forever today.

[image]

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 19:34 (3523 days ago) @ Xenos

I am a little disappointed that there are no new missions, but I have to say I am really enjoying these missions with the modifiers on, reminds me of playing Legendary Halo with a few skulls on.

Nghgh! I couldn't finish my first mission for the Queen... a Mars mission, and though I could handily match blows with Legionaries those wee Psions were kicking my [hindquarters] because they had Void shields and moved too fast for me to hit with my only Void weapon, a fusion rifle.

-- Steve'll give those missions another try, of course, but cautiously... he can't really afford to replace a controller should it be flung off the balcony.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 19:37 (3523 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Nghgh! I couldn't finish my first mission for the Queen... a Mars mission, and though I could handily match blows with Legionaries those wee Psions were kicking my [hindquarters] because they had Void shields and moved too fast for me to hit with my only Void weapon, a fusion rifle.

-- Steve'll give those missions another try, of course, but cautiously... he can't really afford to replace a controller should it be flung off the balcony.

I beat that one, it had the solar damage modifier, and I have a great sniper that has solar damage. One shots the Psions, and the Phalanxes when you hit them in the hand (since they don't flinch in the mission).

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 19:45 (3523 days ago) @ Xenos

I beat that one, it had the solar damage modifier, and I have a great sniper that has solar damage. One shots the Psions, and the Phalanxes when you hit them in the hand (since they don't flinch in the mission).

Ooh. Didn't think of that; my Exotic machine gun does solar. (And now it returns over half the rounds I miss with to the magazine... thrifty.)

-- Steve'll definitely give it another try, though it seems weird to save heavy weapon ammo for the littlest guys.

An Audience with The Queen (new info)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 20:01 (3523 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

What I really want is that ship the Emissary has. Dang.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 20:03 (3523 days ago) @ someotherguy

Join a friend when they're right at the end of the mission and you get armor when it finishes. Lil' Blue and I were stuck on the last boss of the Black Garden. He's only level 22 and I was 25. The level difficulty was 24 with epic and maybe something else on. After we died a lot we invited Sonofmacphisto and got it done in the next try. He got armor just for showing up.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 20:10 (3523 days ago) @ bluerunner

But did it cost him a "Queen's Orders" token? (Or whatever it's called)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 21:24 (3523 days ago) @ someotherguy

But did it cost him a "Queen's Orders" token? (Or whatever it's called)

Yep. He only gets stuff if he has a Kill Order himself. Saves some trouble, but does spend the order.

by Monochron, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 21:40 (3523 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

If you want to be really cheap . . . you can just quite each mission you get until you get Riksis. That mission is significantly easier than the others. I would be surprised if Bungie doesn't remove it soon though, as it lowers the bar in a substantial way.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 21:50 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 21:54

Okay, so in my frustration at having that simple mission taken away from me, I did something that I felt pretty skeezy about. I entered into new Queen's Wrath missions until I got the Riksis one again. Basically I felt like that was the original one that I received, and a failure of netcode or routing shouldn't prevent me from playing it for the Queen's mission. And at the end I got the Legendary armor.

But now, there is nothing to prevent me from doing that each time to get new Legendary armor. Just quit missions until I get Riksis which is many many times easier than the other missions. I hope Bungie can patch this, because it is very clearly gaming a small side effect in order to circumvent one very difficult mission.

That's entirely your prerogative. If your entire goal is to get the gear, not play different versions of the campaign missions for the challenge, then go ahead and spend the 3-10 minutes it takes to find the easy mission. It probably would be faster to do the given missions (none take more than ten minutes, except maybe the last boss), but whatever you prefer. Heck, I'd say just join a friend who's doing one (it tells you) and reap the rewards that way.

But going after the Gate lord solo with Solar Burn was intense, and terrifying (fear the Hobogoblin snipers).

Also, today's Daily is really fun on the hardest difficulty. Definitely one of the more "Halo" missions.

There's a bounty out on Riksis... hmm...

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 05:09 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron

- No text -

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 05:21 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron

If you want to be really cheap . . . you can just quite each mission you get until you get Riksis. That mission is significantly easier than the others. I would be surprised if Bungie doesn't remove it soon though, as it lowers the bar in a substantial way.

It's definitely easier and faster -- right up until the endless spawn of Vandals when Riksis gets low on health. I was not expecting that. :)

by Monochron, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 07:24 (3523 days ago) @ Korny

That's entirely your prerogative. If your entire goal is to get the gear, not play different versions of the campaign missions for the challenge, then go ahead and spend the 3-10 minutes it takes to find the easy mission. It probably would be faster to do the given missions (none take more than ten minutes, except maybe the last boss), but whatever you prefer. Heck, I'd say just join a friend who's doing one (it tells you) and reap the rewards that way.

Yeah, I just have a sneaking feeling that this is actually a legitimate mistake and not simply a side effect of game mechanics. It is basically a guarantied way to receive Legendary armor when even some of the most challenging modes of the game don't give that. There is no RNG to deal with, no time/effort investment like gaining faction rep, just an immediate purple if you can hide in a hallway and pick off strong enemies. Cheapens the reward.

by Monochron, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 07:27 (3523 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Hhm, I didn't encounter that. There were a butt ton of Vandals for sure though.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 09:31 (3523 days ago) @ Monochron

I kind of think Bungie made some changes to this event to guarantee Legenday gear in light of the backlash regarding it's loot system.

Black Pyramid

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 06:53 (3522 days ago) @ kidtsunami

There is a little black pyramid, like a paper weight, on the table in front of Petra. Think it means anything?

Black Pyramid

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, September 28, 2014, 11:08 (3518 days ago) @ Mr Daax

There is a little black pyramid, like a paper weight, on the table in front of Petra. Think it means anything?

The Speaker has one too, and I think one of the other NPCs.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread