Deletion due to Inactivity (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:03 (3524 days ago)

Older games like Diablo 2 would delete your characters if you went 60 days without logging in. Does anybody know if there is such a provision in Destiny? Can we take time off, then come back in December and still have our guardian?

Deletion due to Inactivity

by Yapok @, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:05 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pretty sure they are permanent.

by Earendil, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:06 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am not aware of such a thing, and given how cheap disc space is, and how vast Bungie built their servers to be, I doubt they will need to purge your character. I can't think of a reason that isn't technical that Bungie would want to delete characters, and a whole crapton of reasons why they'd want to keep it around.

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 13:57 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think we can assume your guardian is fine, barring any catastrophic event wherever the data is stored.

Not like you can squat on a name or something.

Halo 2 stats are still on halo.bungie.net

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 14:43 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Deletion due to Ransom

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 16:32 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Deletion after 60 days did nothing but discourage people from cutting off the flow of cash to Actiblizzard's coffers even when they didn't have an immediate need or want to play.

Since Destiny has so subscription fee, there's no reason to delete any characters.

Deletion due to Ransom

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 16:39 (3524 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Deletion after 60 days did nothing but discourage people from cutting off the flow of cash to Actiblizzard's coffers even when they didn't have an immediate need or want to play.

Since Destiny has so subscription fee, there's no reason to delete any characters.

Diablo games do not have subscription fees.

by HuskerAlpha, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 16:47 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

World of Warcraft does not from my experience, because I went back a few years back after being gone for over 10 months. I highly doubt that Bungie would do the same.

Deletion due to Ransom

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 16:57 (3524 days ago) @ uberfoop

Oh, Diablo? Why did my brain see WoW? Whoops, my mistake..

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread